Liked: 6

Default Lola T342 For Sale

HU225. Not sure of the year. 1975 maybe? I bought this car last year to fulfill a longtime dream to own, and race, an classic Formula Ford, but due to a knee replacement, arthritis and too many birthdays, I’m sad to realize racing one will have to remain a dream. The car hadn’t been driven or raced for quite a few years when I bought it, and my plan wasn’t to do an immediate ground-up refurbishment of it. i just wanted a car to get some seat time to make sure that (A) I liked driving it and (B) that I wasn’t embarrassingly slow in it before I stared trying to make it better. I took it to a well-respected and very competent prep shop in Atlanta, and left them with the instructions of checking it over to make sure the hardware and essentials were safe and race-worthy, and to install a new fuel cell, belts, fire system and SCCA compliant side bars. All fluids were changed and the brakes were checked to make sure they were to specifications. The gearbox was disassembled and pronounced race-worthy with a 9:31 CWP and ratios of:
    19:32
    22:30
    24:28
    25:25
    A few spare ratios and dog rings came with the car, but I don’t know what they are. The car has what appeared to be a standard Titan Gold engine installed, and the prep shop said that it started easily and sounded well. Condition and internals are completely unknown. It has a standard clutch and flywheel. The oil tank had been relocated to the left side of the engine bay to make room for the fuel cell behind the seat. The rear brace has been modified from standard and a front one has been added. A previous owner had a tall front hoop installed, but the standard windscreen now wont fit. Prep shop fabricated a smaller one that clears the hoop, but isn’t a stock replacement. The car is very straight with no obvious crash damage or repaired damage. The body is in good condition, in my opinion, to prevent almost 50 years old. There is some gelcoat cracking and crazing here and there but nothing serious. The most damage is to the left side pod, but should be easily repairable. And is obvious in the accompanying photos, I didn’t install the side pods for the photos because the trailing arms have to be removed and that’s a tedious job -at least for the lower ones. I’ve also begun replacing all the suspension bolts with new ones.. if you notice the green hi-viz fingernail polish on the bolt heads, that’s to remind me of ones I’ve already changed. It’s equipped with Bilstein shocks. Standard un-modified Lola fiberglass seat. Also included is a single axle trailer. It’s homemade, very heavy duty and a bit crude, but it, tows very well. Brand new spare. Also included:
    4 extra Revolution wheels
    4 Panasport wheels, but do not fit car
    4 steel wheels
    One set of older American Racer slicks
    2 snorkles
    Used Tilton starter - uninstalled
    New mirrors
    Hewland gear change tray
    New uninstalled Tilton remote brake bias controller
    Box of various spares including gear sets, starter, wheel and master cylinders. Condition unknown and not guaranteed
    All one would need to do to go racing with this car is fuel, a set of tires and an alignment.
    Located in SE Tennessee, 30 mins from Chattanooga, an hour and a half from Atlanta.
    Asking $16,500. Open to reasonable offers
    Last edited by chippyskipper; 05.21.23 at 11:06 PM.

2. The following 6 users liked this post:

Liked: 1108

T342s were model year 1975, though some were probably built in late ‘74.

Sorry you have to sell it. I’d love to know who first ran it, several friends had them.

Good Luck.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Liked: 186

Chassis #225 would make it one of the last handful of T342s built so it was almost certainly built in '75.

Original Titan Gold engine? That's a museum piece, a time capsule and likely a ticking grenade. A full rebuild with a new steel crank, rods and lightweight flywheel would be a wise investment that might save someone from an expensive lesson about the current cost of FF engine parts.

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 7

This has got to be one the most original FF'S out there, starting with the Titan engine, although I'd bet that the valve cover was transferred over at some point. But then there are the old school oil lines and fittings, the old Ampep rod ends, period Bilstein shocks, even the Lucas coil. There is no way I would run this car without a very thorough inspection or a partial teardown of the suspension and brakes. And the engine? Even after a leakdown and as much of an inspection as could be done, I still would be very leery. But again, a time capsule and worthy of the effort

8. The following 5 users liked this post:

New Price: $14.5K with trailer, $13.5K without

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked: 103

Default .

Sorry to hear it did not work out for you....Bill
    1980 Lola T540E Club Ford
    1975 Lola T342 Club Ford

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 0

Disagree on being most original out there - note SCCA dash hoop and higher roll bar. Not a bad thing, just not original.

Sorry the dream was not realized. Maybe a cager would still get you on the track.

Final price reduction. Car and trailer $13.5K. Car and spares only $12.5K.

$12.5K for everything

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

Former RCCA car that ran well. Aesthetically the best of the CF's imo. If this is Ron's former car, most of the parts came of mine

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

Quote Originally Posted by s800racer View Post
    Chassis #225 would make it one of the last handful of T342s built so it was almost certainly built in '75.

Original Titan Gold engine? That's a museum piece, a time capsule and likely a ticking grenade..

That's a Formula Haus Engine. They painted them Gold and it has their sticker on the valve cover.
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

It turns out that the Panasports aren’t for the Lola. Bolt circle is 3.75, as near as I can tell. Will sell separately.

Liked: 121

It's a shame this car hasn't sold yet. If I weren't so buried in projects....

Panasports have been sold

Default Lola T342 For Sale

New price: $12,000. Includes a good set of Hoosier VFF tires

Last edited by chippyskipper; 01.06.24 at 7:12 PM.

Liked: 103

Default spare Revolutions

Would you sell the spare Revolutions?
    1980 Lola T540E Club Ford
    1975 Lola T342 Club Ford

Default renchris

i am very interested and in Atlanta. Can you email me so we can share info? Chris. email: renchrtis@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by chippyskipper View Post
    HU225. Not sure of the year. 1975 maybe? I bought this car last year to fulfill a longtime dream to own, and race, an classic Formula Ford, but due to a knee replacement, arthritis and too many birthdays, I’m sad to realize racing one will have to remain a dream. The car hadn’t been driven or raced for quite a few years when I bought it, and my plan wasn’t to do an immediate ground-up refurbishment of it. i just wanted a car to get some seat time to make sure that (A) I liked driving it and (B) that I wasn’t embarrassingly slow in it before I stared trying to make it better. I took it to a well-respected and very competent prep shop in Atlanta, and left them with the instructions of checking it over to make sure the hardware and essentials were safe and race-worthy, and to install a new fuel cell, belts, fire system and SCCA compliant side bars. All fluids were changed and the brakes were checked to make sure they were to specifications. The gearbox was disassembled and pronounced race-worthy with a 9:31 CWP and ratios of:
    A few spare ratios and dog rings came with the car, but I don’t know what they are. The car has what appeared to be a standard Titan Gold engine installed, and the prep shop said that it started easily and sounded well. Condition and internals are completely unknown. It has a standard clutch and flywheel. The oil tank had been relocated to the left side of the engine bay to make room for the fuel cell behind the seat. The rear brace has been modified from standard and a front one has been added. A previous owner had a tall front hoop installed, but the standard windscreen now wont fit. Prep shop fabricated a smaller one that clears the hoop, but isn’t a stock replacement. The car is very straight with no obvious crash damage or repaired damage. The body is in good condition, in my opinion, to prevent almost 50 years old. There is some gelcoat cracking and crazing here and there but nothing serious. The most damage is to the left side pod, but should be easily repairable. And is obvious in the accompanying photos, I didn’t install the side pods for the photos because the trailing arms have to be removed and that’s a tedious job -at least for the lower ones. I’ve also begun replacing all the suspension bolts with new ones.. if you notice the green hi-viz fingernail polish on the bolt heads, that’s to remind me of ones I’ve already changed. It’s equipped with Bilstein shocks. Standard un-modified Lola fiberglass seat. Also included is a single axle trailer. It’s homemade, very heavy duty and a bit crude, but it, tows very well. Brand new spare. Also included:
    4 steel wheels
    2 snorkles
    New mirrors
    Hewland gear change tray
    Box of various spares including gear sets, starter, wheel and master cylinders. Condition unknown and not guaranteed
    All one would need to do to go racing with this car is fuel, a set of tires and an alignment.
    Located in SE Tennessee, 30 mins from Chattanooga, an hour and a half from Atlanta.
    Asking $16,500. Open to reasonable offers

I am too damn stupid to figure out how to reply privately!

QUOTE=chippyskipper;646331]HU225. Not sure of the year. 1975 maybe? I bought this car last year to fulfill a longtime dream to own, and race, an classic Formula Ford, but due to a knee replacement, arthritis and too many birthdays, I’m sad to realize racing one will have to remain a dream. The car hadn’t been driven or raced for quite a few years when I bought it, and my plan wasn’t to do an immediate ground-up refurbishment of it. i just wanted a car to get some seat time to make sure that (A) I liked driving it and (B) that I wasn’t embarrassingly slow in it before I stared trying to make it better. I took it to a well-respected and very competent prep shop in Atlanta, and left them with the instructions of checking it over to make sure the hardware and essentials were safe and race-worthy, and to install a new fuel cell, belts, fire system and SCCA compliant side bars. All fluids were changed and the brakes were checked to make sure they were to specifications. The gearbox was disassembled and pronounced race-worthy with a 9:31 CWP and ratios of:
    4 steel wheels
    2 snorkles
    New mirrors
    Hewland gear change tray
    Asking $16,500. Open to reasonable offers[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Manofsky View Post
    Would you sell the spare Revolutions?
    Sorry Bill, but I don’t want to separate it right now.
    Regards Ken

Quote Originally Posted by renchris View Post
    i am very interested and in Atlanta. Can you email me so we can share info? Chris. email: renchrtis@comcast.net
    I tried , but got a notification that your email was invalid.
    Regards Ken

Thread Information