Liked: 0

Default Help ID'ing Hewland gears

Hi everyone. I acquired this set of Hewland gears from a larger spare parts lot I purchased. Most of the parts were to a Swift, so I'm assuming there is a good chance thats what this all goes to, but hoping you can help me figure out what cars or transmissions these gears would be for. Someone said they appear to be Hewland MK5. Also, while they look generally similar, there seem to be roughly 5 different types of markings on the gears, some marked "N", some marked "I", then ones with an HC5R part #, ones with no such identifier and only has numbers that just simply indicates the ratio, and then a bunch of pairs whose smaller gear is about twice as thick as the larger gear. Would these all work with the same transmission, or do I have a hodgepodge of gears?

Thanks and sorry for the newbie questions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 30

The ones with every other dog machined off i.e. only 4 dogs vs.usual Mk5 8 dogs are a common customization of Mk5 gears for the Swift 008 Hewland NST gearbox.

PM me with what gears sets you have, pics and a price, I'd be interested in taking some or all off your hands.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Will these fit a Staffs??

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Demeter View Post
    Will these fit a Staffs??
    Doesn't look like it from the above pictures. Staffs use Mk9 type for FF and Mk5 type for FA. Different diameter shafts that the gears.

The pictured gears and numbers appear to be NST as mentioned above.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information