Liked: 140

Default Looking for southeast open wheel test day

All,
    Picking up a new (to me) car next week. Need some seat time. If anyone is planning a test day over the next few months in the southeast and has space available, PM or email (jamesbrookshire4@gmail.com) me. Roebling, CMP...heck, pretty much anywhere within 400-500 miles of western North Carolina.

Thanks!
    James

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 148

Default ARRC Test Day

Quote Originally Posted by Agitator View Post
    All,
    Picking up a new (to me) car next week. Need some seat time. If anyone is planning a test day over the next few months in the southeast and has space available, PM or email (jamesbrookshire4@gmail.com) me. Roebling, CMP...heck, pretty much anywhere within 400-500 miles of western North Carolina.

Thanks!
    James
    James
    ARRC test day next thursday Road Atlanta

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by veeten View Post
    James
    ARRC test day next thursday Road Atlanta
    I would love to make that day....but picking up the car Nov 7, so will just miss it!

Liked: 15

There's a test day @Sebring 11/25 before the Turkey Trot

Quote Originally Posted by caracal25 View Post
    There's a test day @Sebring 11/25 before the Turkey Trot
    I saw that on the calendar. Unfortunately, will be 1000 miles north of there for Thanksgiving!

Liked: 799

Would your car qualify as vintage? There is a Vdca event at Roebling in early December.
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Liked: 37

You can always check out the The FIRM outside of Starke, FL, it is right at 450 miles.

https://gorally.com/

https://www.google.com/maps/search/?...C+Starke%2C+FL

Hope this helps.

R/--
    Harry
    FV#77 CFR

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 830

James,
    Have you called CMP? They seem to have track days most weekends and often have an open wheel group if there at any open wheel cars.
    Steve
    PS.. What'd you get? Hard to believe you'd be driving anything other than an Agitator .
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    James,
    Have you called CMP? They seem to have track days most weekends and often have an open wheel group if there at any open wheel cars.
    Steve
    PS.. What'd you get? Hard to believe you'd be driving anything other than an Agitator .
    CMP is certainly an option, just hoping for a smaller group.

The Agitator isn't going anywhere (may even do one of the birthday events)...but I spent WAY too much time working on and fixing 60+ year old technology this year. You've seen, first hand, that I didn't inherit the engineer gene. I had an opportunity fall in my lap a couple weeks ago that I couldn't turn down. I've bought Randel Sink's FE2, and am getting significant support (shameless plug) from RG NETS (rgnets.com) for the 2023 season...tried to remind my dad that he once left FV for spec racing!

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 830

wow.. cool.
    Good luck - that's a pretty tough class, but much easier to 'stand out' than SRF.

The OW group at CMP is generally quite small... l like 2 or 3 cars often.. hardly ever more than 6 or 7. They like having an OW group because it gives a bread for all those fendered cars they run.
    Steve
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Liked: 942

Congrats! You'll enjoy the leap in technology.

Dan Wise
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    wow.. cool.
    Good luck - that's a pretty tough class, but much easier to 'stand out' than SRF.
    Yeah, SRF wasn't really on my radar. It'll be a tough transition ,for sure, but looking forward to focusing on driving a little more this year. While I'll appreciate the increased speed, I won't forget what it's like to have to drive in your mirrors!

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    Congrats! You'll enjoy the leap in technology.

Dan Wise
    Thanks, Dan! I'm sorry we didn't re-connect after meeting on the grid at VIR. It turned into a very busy week! Hoping to return next year. If you're there, I'll treat you to a beer and a burger one night!

Liked: 942

Thanks, Dan! I'm sorry we didn't re-connect after meeting on the grid at VIR. It turned into a very busy week! Hoping to return next year. If you're there, I'll treat you to a beer and a burger one night!
    You're welcome. They kept me pretty busy with all the shenanigans on the track and in the tech shed....
    We will see if I can come out next year. The FE community is pretty helpful.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Thread Information