Liked: 5

For Trade WTB Formula 4, Formula 1000, Pro Formula Mazda

Looking for a Formula 4, Formula 1000, or Pro Formula Mazda. Located in central Florida. What's available out there? I know the Formula 4 season still has one event to go.... anything going up for sale after the COTA event? Also interested in a Stohr WF1 if anyone knows of any around for sale
    Last edited by Steve Stone; 10.27.22 at 9:10 AM.

Liked: 530

Winter time brings lots of options. And people’s financial situations may bring more this off season than usual.
    Given your apparent indifference to what class car you want I presume you’re a track day guy who may not seek to race too competitively or care about class counts.
    PFM will be the best bang for the buck and cheapest to run. Especially the last generation that started in 2004 with the RX8 motor.

Default Thanks Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    Winter time brings lots of options. And people’s financial situations may bring more this off season than usual.
    Given your apparent indifference to what class car you want I presume you’re a track day guy who may not seek to race too competitively or care about class counts.
    PFM will be the best bang for the buck and cheapest to run. Especially the last generation that started in 2004 with the RX8 motor.
    PFM seems the way to go to me as well. I know F4 is going to halo cars for 2024 so the current cars are still good for a year yet. Yes, I'm looking for a trackday/solo/driver development car that I can also use to promote my sponsors at local events. I currently have several cars, karts and bikes competing and looking for something new to add to the stable.

Liked: 27

I bought a 2009 PFM from one of the guys here on Apexspeed. It’s been a great track day car. Five track days at Willow Springs and I’m still on the same tires.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme1 View Post
    I bought a 2009 PFM from one of the guys here on Apexspeed. It’s been a great track day car. Five track days at Willow Springs and I’m still on the same tires.
    That's exactly what I'm looking for. I see one come available every now and then but they never seem to be available for long and many sellers are a bit lax on responding. I'm in no rush and I have the opportunity to get a F4 car locally, just want to see what else is available before I commit.

Liked: 27

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone View Post
    That's exactly what I'm looking for. I see one come available every now and then but they never seem to be available for long and many sellers are a bit lax on responding. I'm in no rush and I have the opportunity to get a F4 car locally, just want to see what else is available before I commit.
    I almost bought a F4 car from someone, but we couldn’t agree on a price. I wanted the F4 because of the paddle shifter and the Honda engine. Now that I have the Pro Mazda and have learned to drive it, I’m happy I got it. It has way more horsepower than the F4 car.

Just keep looking, I spent months looking on Apexspeed and the other websites before I found my car. Try to get a spares package with the car. Extra wheels, tires, suspension, etc., you’ll need them.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 803

Yes, I'm looking for a trackday/solo/driver development car that I can also use to promote my sponsors at local events.
    Do some research as to where you can run an open wheel car in a non-race environment. Many "track day" clubs don't allow open wheels from the perception of liability issues.
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Default Great advice thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
    Do some research as to where you can run an open wheel car in a non-race environment. Many "track day" clubs don't allow open wheels from the perception of liability issues.
    I’ve done the research for months and have been looking for quite some time now…. And you are 100% correct, there are many limitations for on-track time. Now I am just trying to find a car

Liked: 803

I’ve done the research for months and have been looking for quite some time now…. And you are 100% correct, there are many limitations for on-track time. Now I am just trying to find a car
    sorry, wasn't trying to be negative, but you came across as a bit 'new', and didn't want you to get a nasty surprise after buying your dream car
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Default No offense taken

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
    sorry, wasn't trying to be negative, but you came across as a bit 'new', and didn't want you to get a nasty surprise after buying your dream car
    New to this form of racing but have been racing for over 40 years. I’m just looking for what the sponsors asked for. Appreciate all the great advice though.

Thread Information