Liked: 3

Default What else to strengthen I’d Street or Bridge port?

Mates-

I’m considering the street or bridge port if I have my engine rebuilt now since I need to have my trans rebuilt for next season. Although allowed under the new GCR rule, my concern relates to the additional speed and stresses this additional power will put on the car. I’m not an engineer, but it’s obvious with more power there will be more stresses in the car. I don’t know how much more the various components can take a. Maybe the answer is a lot, it I want to ask the question.

Next year my plan includes running SCCA for the first time. From the vintage events I’ve done this year with the new-to-me PFM, there is a very wide performance gap in the so-called FA class. I am presuming this will be true in SCCA FA races? And thus why the performance mod to the renesis engine is being allowed.

I look forward to comments from you guys who know much more than me. Thanks.

Jeff

Liked: 0

Default strengthen

Hello Jeff: Your only issue should be sound. I assume you are using the Borla oval muffler. Carry a spare as they go suddenly and can not be re-packed at the track, a 90 degree turn, and a super trap (or similar). Expect a or two while you sort out the sound meter locations. You will use more fuel, so expect to use one to two more gallons (U.S.) per session. Will be much louder in your shop, so make sure there is ear protection available for everyone there. Regards, Bill

Liked: 3

Thanks Bill.

My last race I discovered why we should carry a spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Welters View Post
    Hello Jeff: Your only issue should be sound. I assume you are using the Borla oval muffler. Carry a spare as they go suddenly and can not be re-packed at the track, a 90 degree turn, and a super trap (or similar). Expect a or two while you sort out the sound meter locations. You will use more fuel, so expect to use one to two more gallons (U.S.) per session. Will be much louder in your shop, so make sure there is ear protection available for everyone there. Regards, Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Muffler.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	104826  

Thread Information