Liked: 66

Default CVAR at Hallett (Formula Vee)

I rented a vintage FV from Bigger Hammer Racing, had a ton of fun driving one for the first time. (I normally race a SRF.) Got my lap times down by about 7 seconds from my first session Friday morning to the end of the weekend, and learned a good bit about the track as well as the car. Will probably do it again sometime, as the schedule allows.

Race 1 I had some trouble getting the car off the grid then it stalled when I came out of the pits, but it was fine once I parked it and fired it up. Pretty sure the fault for it lies with the moron behind the wheel and nothing to do with the car. I caught the back of the pack before the final turn and was able to be in the race. Lots of passing to be done, and I worked my way back up through the field.

Race 2 was cut short due to a crash causing a black flag, I didn't see the incident live but the mayhem on the track speaks for itself really.

Race 3 I was running in the top ten but slid sideways and had to bail off track and then take a penalty pit, once the leaders lapped me it turned into me turning practice laps, so not a particularly exciting video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6VzK0iuBkE
    As a result of the penalty I finished 12th, I was running 9th at the time of the spin.

Feature Race started 12th, passed people, had a few laps to myself as I couldn't quite keep up with the lead pack but was fast enough to get away from the group behind me, then had a battle with a driver that came from further back for the entire second half of the race.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information