Liked: 33

Default Njmp jrrc 10/21-10/23

Just wanted to get it out there that the Jersey Road Racing Classic is approaching rather quickly. Would be awesome to see a decent CF/FF turnout. Roux, Eddie McNaughton in his Swift, and myself are already entered. We're anticipating my brother Max to enter in Sam Eyer's Zink and possibly Alex Mayer in his Van Diemen. The Friday test day is FREE and included with your entry so it'll be a great opportunity to get a nice chunk of track time. We had an awesome race last year and hope we can match it with an even better one and a better turnout this year.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default Enter

I plan on being there. Just not entered yet. Just waiting to see if I get dragged kicking and screaming to Florida to work the hurricane.

Ed Callo
    Bowman FF
    Last edited by EACIII; 10.04.22 at 12:18 PM.

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 39

I would love to make it, but I am not sure there will be time to get the car ready. I am running my Crossle in vintage the previous weekend at Road Atlanta, and there's probably not going to be time to change the setup and scale the car for NJMP. I really wish SCCA and vintage organizations would align on a common tire choice. I believe this would help car counts, especially for SCCA.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 111

Default Tire choice...

Quote Originally Posted by halcyon View Post
    I would love to make it, but I am not sure there will be time to get the car ready. I am running my Crossle in vintage the previous weekend at Road Atlanta, and there's probably not going to be time to change the setup and scale the car for NJMP. I really wish SCCA and vintage organizations would align on a common tire choice. I believe this would help car counts, especially for SCCA.

Now.... If we all, and I mean ALL, just decided that treads or slicks would work perfect for all CF's & VFF, no matter the sanctioning body then that would solve most of the Vintage / scca / FRP crossover issues. (treads probably since vintage kinda dictates them) Yes, I know if a FF wants to come play with the vintage or CF's then they have to change tires.. But for everyone else this would help a lot of people's decisions. I probably will not go back to run with organizations that have mixed tire compounds or are using the slicks if I'm setup for treads. One would hope it could be really just that easy... Pick one and stick to it..

But that would never really happen.. so..... back to the original topic

Cheers
    Bob
    Last edited by helipilot04; 10.04.22 at 4:26 PM.

Liked: 33

Default Entries

One more week til go-time next weekend.

Confirmed entries:
    Steve Roux - FF (Wyvern)
    Eddie McNaughton - FF (Swift)
    Ed Callo - FF (Bowman)
    Max King - CF (Zink)
    Myself - CF (Royale)

Going to be a good battle by the looks of the guys we got so far. Last race in the MARRS Championship and a free test day on Friday, might as well join in on the fun if you can.

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

Quote Originally Posted by helipilot04 View Post
    Now.... If we all, and I mean ALL, just decided that treads or slicks would work perfect for all CF's & VFF, no matter the sanctioning body then that would solve most of the Vintage / scca / FRP crossover issues. (treads probably since vintage kinda dictates them) Yes, I know if a FF wants to come play with the vintage or CF's then they have to change tires.. But for everyone else this would help a lot of people's decisions. I probably will not go back to run with organizations that have mixed tire compounds or are using the slicks if I'm setup for treads. One would hope it could be really just that easy... Pick one and stick to it..

But that would never really happen.. so..... back to the original topic

Cheers
    Bob
    Hi. How's my car? I did some back-to-back comparison in California last year with vintage Hoosiers and R60 slicks on my VD. While my ass has certainly lost some feel, and never approached that of Lauda or Senna, there was no appreciable difference in handling or feel between the two with no setup changes. Times on treads were a little slower. It's not rocket science and we're not Verstappen. I agree, just pick one.

Thread Information