Liked: 553

Default SCCA Track Records

Decades old question …

Where are track records stored?

Are they embedded in an AMB database somewhere? Or does each region have them in their own T&S software?

I'm guessing they are known somehow since we occasionally see “new track record” on race results.

I sent an email to a local T&S person but haven’t gotten a response yet. Figured I’d ask here. TIA.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

I don't know of an official, all SCCA, all tracks, all classes source, although that would be awesome.

I'm pretty sure a member here hosts this website:
    http://www.formulavee.us/track_recor...ecords_USA.htm

I thought it was Steven Davis but I'm not positive.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Thanks. Yes, I remember that site. Very well intentioned but incomplete and not up to date (and I don’t know the info to pass along to Steve).

I’m hoping a T&S person can chime in. I’m curious to hear for sure where they are stored.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 3787

I have a personal pet peeve about track records.

In 2003 I set the record at Roebling Road for CFC at the SIC.
    I always volunteered to be an instructor at their spring drivers school.
    We had a student with driving talent and a good car, but zero mechanical skills. So I spent the weekend wrenching on his car and being his coach/cheer leader. While doing setups I knew he was 75 lb. under minimum weight. But it was drivers school so what the heck. Its just drivers school.
    On Sunday they had the usual practice "race". He did well. Screaming ahead of the field. There was no impound, no weighing. Everybody in a hurry to go home.
    Then I see the Region put his name up as the new track record.

Of course the CFC class then went away in the region, so I couldn't fix the problem on track.

So, yeah, No good deed goes unpunished.

In the big scheme of things it doesn't matter.

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 899

@PF You wuz robbed.

I have written supps for events without meaningful tech (weight at a minimum) that stated that no lap records would be recognized. Driver schools would be an example of such an event, but it should hold true for any event without tech.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Liked: 597

Central Florida Region SCCA has track records at their www.CFRSCCA.org website
    Click on results.....there will be a button of track records to then click on

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by EYERACE View Post
    That’s nice. I wish all regions did that.

That’s two tracks. :-)

Liked: 133

For Barber, the TVR T&S guy, Steve Conrad, maintains the SCCA track records.
    Craig Farr
    Stohr WF1 P2

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 830

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
    Thanks. Yes, I remember that site. Very well intentioned but incomplete and not up to date (and I don’t know the info to pass along to Steve).

I’m hoping a T&S person can chime in. I’m curious to hear for sure where they are stored.
    Yes.. I do maintain that site and do my best to keep it up to date.. but I just don't have the time to scan through EVERY EVENT all across the usa after EVERY weekend . and it's OPEN WHEEL only (but includes - more or less) Pclasses and SRF.
    I have posted several times on this site as well as other places...If you set a lap record .. or know of one that was set, please send me the info. If I can verify it, I will update the site noted above. I work HARDER at keeping the FV records up since that's MY class but am happy to have the other classes although I pretty much NEVER hear from anyone. If I see official results that include ANY class records in the FV group, I catch those most of the time. I also try to look over the 'other OW groups', but it's tough.. especially when the results are not posted in a timely manner on the SCCA website (often).

Russ... to answer your original question... the records for each track are (supposed to be) maintained by the REGION that supports that track. In most cases, that is a single region, but sometimes more than 1 region race at a given track. SOME divisions also keep records.. but that's mostly only when the Regional T&S person also 'does stuff' for the Division. When a person 'moves on' from his/her position that is maintaining the records, they are often LOST. The records these days are held in the Orbits software .. but that's on one or more computers... and the computers are handed off from person to person and again .. sometimes simply get lost or misplaced.

In 'ancient times', Rob Howden started the webpage above when he was 'printing' his magazine and he also established the FormulaVee.US website. When the magazine went away and Rob moved on to making living in other ways, I was finally able to get in touch with him to release me to publish and maintain (and PAY FOR) both those records and the FV.us website - which I still do as I have time.
    Is there a particular record that interests you for this thread?

I contacted SCCA HQ years ago suggesting that someone there maintain and publish track records, but that suggestion seems to have dropped off into the bit bucket.

Steve, FV80
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

12. The following 5 users liked this post:

Late Braking Member
    Liked: 217

Default San Francisco Region's track records

https://www.sfrscca.org/racing/results/

About 3 pages down from the top are the PDFs from our 3 tracks.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 53

Default Track records

Thank you Steve for maintaining the track record list.
    Any chance to add Thompson Motorsports Park and Palmer Raceway?
    Thanks again.

Tom,
    I had planned to add those 2 with at least the Challenge Cup races .. and any other classes i could find results for but SCCA did not post ANY results for either race .. that I could find (but I was looking for 2 weeks after the races and gave up after that). I found the same on the CCS site - no results. Besides that, if I have no prior track record, I have nothing to check against. I can only watch for 'New Track Record' on the SCCA official results. They, unfortunately have DECLINED to track any FVS records.. but I have tried to keep up with those as well... AFAIK, I am the ONLY source for FVS records that exists .. on that records page. Also the only source for CCS records that I know of... There are a very few there - the only ones I could find.

Again.. if ANYONE *SETS* a record, they should send me an email and let me know. And if anyone wants to 'hunt down' lap records and send them to me, please do. I am already doing about as much as I can manage .. and then some. Graham Loughead has been sending me the ones he finds and that has helped a lot.

Steve, FV80
    Steve, FV80

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    ....Again.. if ANYONE *SETS* a record, they should send me an email and let me know. And if anyone wants to 'hunt down' lap records and send them to me, please do. I am already doing about as much as I can manage .. and then some. Graham Loughead has been sending me the ones he finds and that has helped a lot....
    I'm trying to maintain a Registry for Zink and Citation cars by myself so I understand how much work it is to do this. People may think that it's a quick and easy thing but getting help, like you mentioned that Graham has given, makes life so much easier.

Of course, the obvious resolution for this would be for SCCA to maintain the records at all tracks it sanctions events at, for all classes it recognizes. It could be similar to the Runoffs Archive. Maybe they should hire my son to set up a UI for a database!
    Garey Guzman
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

18. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 58

For the Northeast they have the track records listed on Pit Talk. Track Records
    1993 Citation FV
    NEFV - 2022 Champion
    NERRC - 2022 Champion

20. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Farrout48 View Post
    For Barber, the TVR T&S guy, Steve Conrad, maintains the SCCA track records.
    Thanks, Craig. I found them published here:

https://www.teamtac.org/archive/trackrecords/Barber/
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 58

Hey Russ,
    I see your alive and posting.
    I tried pm ing you last month about your Ralt for sale
    and your box is full. Their may have others. I'm just saying.

23. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 862

Default FRP track records

All are posted here:

Track Records (racefrp.com)

These records are pretty much current and date back to 2006, FRP's inception. A couple of them are in the 'wow' category; Summit Pt Atlantic qualifying record is the absolute track record.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Liked: 3787

I believe I still have the record at Summit Point for a Honda Civic Si with 2 kayaks on the roof...

26. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
    Thanks, Craig. I found them published here:

https://www.teamtac.org/archive/trackrecords/Barber/
    Interesting. Not sure what event happened at Barber in Aug 2020 that allowed a new FF track record there!
    Garey Guzman

Liked: 349

Quote Originally Posted by Garey Guzman View Post
    Interesting. Not sure what event happened at Barber in Aug 2020 that allowed a new FF track record there!
    Isn't that the "traditional" SCCA Regional weekend?
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Olivola View Post
    Isn't that the "traditional" SCCA Regional weekend?
    I don't recall any events in 2020, that was still pretty deep in pandemic restrictions.
    Garey Guzman

I don't recall any events in 2020, that was still pretty deep in pandemic restrictions.
    I did a Google search and saw there was a Barber event in August, 2020.

Liked: 349

Events early in the year were cancelled, but by August they getting back to "normal."
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

Liked: 133

We did race at Barber in 2020. It was in 2019 that the track was closed to us for repaving.
    Craig Farr
    Stohr WF1 P2

Liked: 52

Default GLDiv and CenDiv

GLDiv:
    https://www.gldscca.com/road-racing
    Note - the collection of track record files in the link seems somewhat out of date.

CenDiv:
    https://cendiv-scca.org/cendiv-championship-series/track-records-for-ts/
    Note - the links are to XML raw data, but you can find the info even if the formatting is odd.

34. The following members LIKED this post:

I inquired about Roebling Road lap records and was sent this link:

https://www.buccaneerregion.com/bucc...d-raceway.html

However, it is incomplete (at the time of this forum post).
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    I have a personal pet peeve about track records.

In 2003 I set the record at Roebling Road for CFC at the SIC.
    I always volunteered to be an instructor at their spring drivers school.
    We had a student with driving talent and a good car, but zero mechanical skills. So I spent the weekend wrenching on his car and being his coach/cheer leader. While doing setups I knew he was 75 lb. under minimum weight. But it was drivers school so what the heck. Its just drivers school.
    On Sunday they had the usual practice "race". He did well. Screaming ahead of the field. There was no impound, no weighing. Everybody in a hurry to go home.
    Then I see the Region put his name up as the new track record.

Of course the CFC class then went away in the region, so I couldn't fix the problem on track.

So, yeah, No good deed goes unpunished.

In the big scheme of things it doesn't matter.
    track records are set in sanctioned RACES not practice/qualifying/drivers schools or track days.... so unless they held a full bore regional race after your school there is no track record set. the result might read " under the existing track record " but its not official.

Default It sure wasn't me

I can't find the note for the new record listed with the race results but I can find the race results on-line at race-monitor and racehero
    but someone posted a new Roebling Road record in either P1 or P2 or FE2 this past weekend during the SIC

I can't find the note for the new record listed with the race results but I can find the race results on-line at race-monitor and racehero
    but someone posted a new Roebling Road record in either P1 or P2 or FE2 this past weekend during the SIC
    Okay, okay. You twisted my arm. Here’s a screen print from the Saturday (faster) race from last weekend. Roebling was paved this past summer I know of other tracks record set, too (Connor Roberts - SRF3, maybe more).
    Attached Images Attached Images

39. The following 3 users liked this post:

Russ,
    Thanks .. this is exactly what I need. Someone to just SEND ME the info (or post it in a thread I'm subscribed to)... it would have been nice if the 'picture' included the whole page .. so it would show the TRACK and DATE info (and often the CAR info) - but I'll take your word for it .. THIS TIME .
    Congrats on the new record in FX.
    BTW.. SRF3 records are NOT on my page. At least so far...
    and for 'Eye's note.. Race Monitor is NOT official results - nor is anything that SCCA POSTS in it's live timing info for races.. only the OFFICIAL RESULTS sheets.. and some times even THEY are 'overturned' later.
    Steve, FV80
    Steve, FV80

41. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Sebring Track Records

While looking at this weekend's Sebring Super Tour web page, I noticed a direct link there (but your link is better if people want to see records for the different track configurations - Long, Short, Modified/School).

https://cfrscca.org/wp-content/uploa...ords-11_22.pdf

Liked: 2

Default Cendiv track records for various tracks

Default Current Daytona track records from CFR, updated for 2022

Steve, I don't have your email address, so just posting here.

Note: There are no new records below (the latest is 8/7/22), but I'm posting here since these are no longer available on the CFR web site. I inquired, and they sent me a PDF last week.

Time Class Date Driver
    2:06.494 CF 8/5/2017 John Robinson II
    1:57.609 CSR 5/3/2009 Jacek Mucha
    1:55.155 DSR 5/3/2009 Garry Crook
    2:03.298 F6 9/25/2015 Matthew Strand
    2:07.838 F600 8/11/2012 Clint McMahan
    1:48.162 FA 9/26/2015 Tyler Hunter
    1:51.616 FB 9/26/2015 J.R. Osborne
    1:55.135 FC 9/27/2015 Yufeng Luo
    1:59.040 FE 9/27/2015 Scott Rettich
    1:55.942 FE2 8/7/2022 Todd Vanacore
    2:03.383 FF 9/27/2015 Rick Payne
    1:58.029 FM 9/25/2015 Joseph Burton-Harris
    1:53.421 FS 8/9/2014 Jacek Mucha
    2:47.264 FST 5/7/2016 Andres Mamontoff
    2:05.321 FX 8/8/2021 Hartley MacDonald
    1:49.792 P1 9/27/2015 Gianpaolo Ciancimino
    1:52.355 P2 9/25/2015 Jeff Shafer
    1:47.868 PX 8/8/2021 Chris Ronson Jr
    2:05.557 S2000 5/8/2005 Marc E. Walker

Thanks, Russ.. What I REALLY need is for someone to find track records.. like you.. then to compare all lap records that I already have and send me a list of JUST those that need to be updated. In your case, it was ALL of them anyway .

I updated Daytona this morning.
    Steve, FV80
    Steve, FV80

46. The following members LIKED this post:

The new Cent. Fla. Region website apparently does not incorporate all past information.......(Please save us from IT managers that have no clue what they're doing)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    Thanks, Russ.. What I REALLY need is for someone to find track records.. like you.. then to compare all lap records that I already have and send me a list of JUST those that need to be updated. In your case, it was ALL of them anyway .

I updated Daytona this morning.
    Steve, FV80
    There was a big discussion at RRR this past weekend after T&S declared new track records for two of the drivers in our team, and the new records were much slower than the true records set last October. It's hard to imagine a system smart enough to declare a new record but not smart enough to remember what it declared a few months earlier. The current process is seriously flawed. Has been for decades. SCCA should address this (not the great-intentioned, personal efforts by Steve, FV80).
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Administrator
    Liked: 28

Default Lap Records

The officials were very understanding and trying to help but the problem is widespread.

One of the stewards suggested that a letter writing campaign to the CRB should occur urging national to start managing all of the lap records.

They get official results from every race. They should do a better job of managing something so important to the racers.

KR

50. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information