Liked: 0

Default Goodyear G19 Slicks

Hi guys, need some info on Goodyear G19 slicks. Specifically, the R160 compound.

1. What cold/hot tyre pressures are people usually running?
    2. What is the optimum temperature range?
    3. Do tire warmers help?
    4. How many heat cycles are they typically good for?
    5. Is there a recommended scrubbing in procedure?

Thanks in advance

Liked: 799

Those are all good questions for your Goodyear engineer / tire supplier.

I am curious, what car are you intending to use these on? they're designed for short track oval cars, likely too stiff for an FA.
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
    Those are all good questions for your Goodyear engineer / tire supplier.

I am curious, what car are you intending to use these on? they're designed for short track oval cars, likely too stiff for an FA.

Thanks for your response Lotus7. To clarify a bit, the tires I referred to are specifically sold for FA. From Roger Kraus Racing:

FORMULA ATLANTIC Bias Ply R110 R16020.0/9.5-13 285 G-19 2468 2640 10 20.3 10.9 9.1 9.523.0/13.0-13 355 G-19 2469 2453 14 23.0 16.1 12.3 20These are being used on a converted FA Chassis

The answer from Goodyear Sporstcar Tyre Engineering:

Hi Marck!
    Good to hear from you.
    Here is my suggested Break-In Procedure;
    1. Complete first lap at 50% of car and driver’s capability.
    2. Complete second lap at 75% of car and driver’s capability, making sure to ease in and out of turns’ apexes.
    3. Complete third lap at 75% of car and driver’s capability, but this lap, drive through turns’ apexes with more speed.
    4. Complete lap four and bring the car into the pits, making sure to keep tires warm. Take tires off and let them cool to ambient temperature.
    I would recommend scrubbing in tires organically over using the tire warmers. This way we know the whole tire is being heated instead of the possibility of just the tread being heated. I think of it like baking a cake: scrubbing tires on the track will make sure the tire is “baked” all the way through instead of being “raw” in the middle.

Thread Information