Thread: Visorcam?

Liked: 530

Default Visorcam?

Couple years ago when we were all Covid bored a discussion came up on visor cams.
    Did anyone happen to buy the newest V4 pro and have any video or other feedback to share?
    I tried to buy one tonight but says 3-4 weeks to ship and my event is in 2 weeks.

Liked: 254

I've not got any direct experience with these cameras, but I'll toss out another option. The recent gopros with image stabilization make much more watchable videos. I mount mine right under my visor so almost the exact same angle (its level with my nose).

Liked: 63

Default Cambox V4 Pro

POV, Laguna Seca, Ligier JS F3 - YouTube

I have been using one for a year now. Nice little unit, easy to use. You just have to remember to turn it off, the battery life is a little short. no problem really you just have to remember to charge nightly.

Quote Originally Posted by SV@RHC View Post
    POV, Laguna Seca, Ligier JS F3 - YouTube

I have been using one for a year now. Nice little unit, easy to use. You just have to remember to turn it off, the battery life is a little short. no problem really you just have to remember to charge nightly.
    That video looks really sharp! Is yours the pro model with image stabilization? It still seemed a little bit jarring with head movement.

Default Cambox V4 Pro

Yes, it is the Pro model. They had a sale on them last year. I can't remember the price I paid but I think it was very reasonable. The controls are on the underside so you can kind of see them between the colored lights and different buzzing it makes its very easy to operate yourself. I just turn it on at the three-minute board and good to go.

ok thanks - last question, do you have a visor sticker or what is causing the curved black corner in your video upper right? that's not inherent to the camera itself is it?

I found a dealer in CA that had the "horse" model in stock and just got it shipped to me since visorcam isn't shipping for another month or so. after talking to visorcam USA I learned that with the v4 pro model the "horse", "outdoor" and "meca" models are identical. Older visorcams had some differences between the three general uses, but v4 pro consolidated to one packaging common to all.

But more importantly, good thing I found one at an equestrian supply house that has had it on the shelf a few months. It is still the 150 degree lens which Visorcam currently cannot get due to supply chain. The new ones shipping in a month are 135 degree, hence the $60 discount on their website.

So if you're looking for one, be sure to ask which lens is on it before you buy. My old replay xd mini was 120 degrees and was fine.. but it was mounted up on the top roll hoop so from that vantage point it was fine. From the helmet I think 150 degree will be ideal.

Default Visor strip

Correct, I run a visor strip. I was a bit sloppy when putting the camera back in my helmet. normally you would not see that.

How do I change the record time? I want continuous 45 minutes not a bunch of 5 minute clips that are gapped a few seconds apart.

Thread Information