Liked: 5

Default Vintage ff wheels

I'm new to this forum and returning to racing after 30 years with a Crosley 16F, trying find stuff, where's the best place to buy vintage wheels? Thanks for the help

Liked: 157

Default I would start with Niel Porter

He knows Crossle's and he sells nice aluminum wheels. He would know what you need, even if he doesn't have it

Google search will find his email otherwise PM me and I will send it to you

Steve

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 947

+1 for Neil. I believe he is a Panasport dealer. They are excellent wheels, light, true and extremely tough. Neil sells the FF specific wheels.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 41

Check with Revolution Wheels - if you can't find a US dealer you can buy direct, cost less than Panasport

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 855

Are you looking for original steel wheels, which were originally Dunlops (or one of a couple other, less popular brands) but are being made new in a similar pattern by Weller and others (including Les Wellers latest company)?

Many Vintage organizations allow alum or mag wheels on an HFF but some do not. You should confirm with your main organization.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 5

Yes I'm looking for sources for steel wheels

Contributing Member Andrew Stein's Avatar
    Liked: 29

Default Slightly used Weller wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gear View Post
    I'm new to this forum and returning to racing after 30 years with a Crosley 16F, trying find stuff, where's the best place to buy vintage wheels? Thanks for the help
    In the east with FFCS you do need steel wheels to be considered HF (Historic cars on alloy wheels are bumped to CF). West coast groups accept alloy wheels in HF. I've got a set of four black Weller wheels, used one weekend, with the standard offset - about 3.4" backspace. PM if you are interested. Also have 6 Dunlops in good shape, but they are only 4.5" wide, so not ideal. I tried getting Wiz steel wheels earlier this year, but they were unavailable and future availability was unknown. One domestic source for steel wheels is Diamond Racing.

Look forward to meeting you at an event. VRG & FFCS Watkins Glen is coming up fast!

Andrew

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information