Thread: Tires

Liked: 10

Default Tires

Just got an F600 autocross car and wondering where everyone is getting their Hoosier’s to run on F500/600 currently? They seem to be out of stock everywhere. I’ve got a couple sets of 43105 right now but I’d like to know where to get more.

Liked: 227

Quote Originally Posted by bcvinar View Post
    Just got an F600 autocross car and wondering where everyone is getting their Hoosier’s to run on F500/600 currently? They seem to be out of stock everywhere. I’ve got a couple sets of 43105 right now but I’d like to know where to get more.
    Not sure what size you are trying to find. Hoosier discontinued the taller tire (19) in all compounds. They also discontinued the R25 compound in the shorter tire (18). The only remaining slick options are the short tire in R20 or R35B compounds.

There are regional Hoosier race tire distributors that support SCCA classes and races. You can start with the main Hoosier race tire web site and find the regional distributors from there. I've been getting great service from the Southeast distributor (Appalachian Race Tire in TN) for 20+ years. I've also had good luck dealing with the Hoosier race tire company location in Brownsburg, IN. Any of them will ship you tires.

One word of advice: Very few local tire shops have equipment to work with our 10" wheels. They may tell you they can mount tires, but they will bend the crap out of your wheels. Be careful. Shops set up to mount go kart tires can usually mount our tires.There are even two of the regional Hoosier race tire distributors that won't touch my wheels again because they've ruined so many.

Cory

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 10

Quote Originally Posted by cory mcleod View Post
    Not sure what size you are trying to find. Hoosier discontinued the taller tire (19) in all compounds. They also discontinued the R25 compound in the shorter tire (18). The only remaining slick options are the short tire in R20 or R35B compounds.

There are regional Hoosier race tire distributors that support SCCA classes and races. You can start with the main Hoosier race tire web site and find the regional distributors from there. I've been getting great service from the Southeast distributor (Appalachian Race Tire in TN) for 20+ years. I've also had good luck dealing with the Hoosier race tire company location in Brownsburg, IN. Any of them will ship you tires.

One word of advice: Very few local tire shops have equipment to work with our 10" wheels. They may tell you they can mount tires, but they will bend the crap out of your wheels. Be careful. Shops set up to mount go kart tires can usually mount our tires.There are even two of the regional Hoosier race tire distributors that won't touch my wheels again because they've ruined so many.

Cory
    thank you so much for the reply! Lots of useful information. Much appreciated.

Liked: 65

Cory, what rims do you run?

Reminds me when we first started using the TC3500 machines, they got nicknamed "the mangler". If the operator wasn't paying attention could turn a wheel square super fast.

Contributing Member Terry Hanushek's Avatar
    Liked: 59

Contact Robert Smart (Smarty) at 518 819-9238 or northeastracing35@yahoo.com He is the Hoosier dealer who services regional racing in the Northeast. He was at NHMS last weekend for the RAL

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 307

Hoosier Tire East
    56-H Loomis Street
    Manchester, CT 06042
    (860) 646-9646
    rob@hoosiertireeast.com
    http://www.hoosiertireeast.co

Thread Information