Liked: 15

Wanted To Buy Spitfire (Formula Ford) Wheel Studs

I'm looking for a source for Triumph Spitfire, early Formula Ford, longer wheel studs (total minimum of 2" in length) in either 3/8th/24 or 7/16th/20. An option is I can convert to a Land Rover Freelander stud as many Spitfire owners have done but I prefer to minimize lug nut standard/metric thread confusion that will ultimately come when in a hurry. ;-) TYIA

Liked: 285

Might see if these ARP 7/16-20 wheel studs would work for you...

https://arp-bolts.com/kits/arpkit-de...hp?RecordID=61

Lots of choices from Summit for 7/16-28, and you can use their selector (lower left side of the page) to narrow down the choices:

https://www.summitracing.com/search/...=wheel%20studs
    Last edited by David Ferguson; 08.02.22 at 4:43 PM.
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 270

Default Spitfire Studs

Ist test of a Van Diemen in Jan 78 resulted in broken studs as the tires had too much grip (3/8 x 24 and yes we torqued them properly - at least on the replacements and they still broke). Crossle had already gone to 7/16 studs.
    Not much margin for error
    Phil

Default Wheel Studs

The broken studs 3/8th studs seems to be a common occurrence for the Triumph drivers. Updating to 7/16th studs using the Freelander studs is the usual fix and one I'm likely to do should ARP not pan out. Thank you for your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Creighton View Post
    Ist test of a Van Diemen in Jan 78 resulted in broken studs as the tires had too much grip (3/8 x 24 and yes we torqued them properly - at least on the replacements and they still broke). Crossle had already gone to 7/16 studs.
    Not much margin for error
    Phil

Default Wheel Studs

Thank you David. I've begun to go through ARP and Summits catalogues looking for a fit. The studs for my hubs require an angled head so that limits some of the options. Thank you for your comment. ~ Michael

Quote Originally Posted by David Ferguson View Post
    Might see if these ARP 7/16-20 wheel studs would work for you...

https://arp-bolts.com/kits/arpkit-de...hp?RecordID=61

Lots of choices from Summit for 7/16-28, and you can use their selector (lower left side of the page) to narrow down the choices:

https://www.summitracing.com/search/...=wheel%20studs

Liked: 2

Default FF Front Wheel Stud

Hi. I bought replacement studs from www.canleyclassics.com. In the UK but they had what I needed. Also bought replacement front uprights from them. Nice pieces and fit my installation without any mod's needed.

Default Wheel Studs

Thank you for the response and the link. That is a very thorough web site and it's been bookmarked for future reference.

QUOTE=TATaylor;642818]Hi. I bought replacement studs from www.canleyclassics.com. In the UK but they had what I needed. Also bought replacement front uprights from them. Nice pieces and fit my installation without any mod's needed.[/QUOTE]

Thread Information