Liked: 1

Default Wheel Bearing and Wheel Seal; Removal Ralt Series1-5

Has any one on the forum had any experience with removing/servicing the wheel bearings, seals  (F/R), from the magnesium carriers used on the Ralt RT1-5?  I know there is a special extra deep socket with engagement lugs needed and I can source this tool.  Any suggestions on heating the carrier/bearing?  Heat source, temperature required to loosen,  etc.  Could anyone suggest a professional or quality shop that could perform this procedure in the US?  THANKS!!!! for any input and suggestions.  Jerry

Liked: 22

Default Ralt hub servicing

Jerry: I had my Ralt RT-1 supervee hubs serviced by John Anderson Racing in Sonoma, CA 707 939 7462.
    Lee Chapman racing in Connecticut supplies the bearings and can install them. 203 270 8449

Liked: 27

Default Ralt Wheel Bearings.

You are half way there if you have the tool to remove the SKF KM6 bearing nuts. PM me your email and I can send you the Ralt service bulletins for bearing removal/ install if you like.

QUOTE=Jerry Poole;642643]Has any one on the forum had any experience with removing/servicing the wheel bearings, seals  (F/R), from the magnesium carriers used on the Ralt RT1-5?  I know there is a special extra deep socket with engagement lugs needed and I can source this tool.  Any suggestions on heating the carrier/bearing?  Heat source, temperature required to loosen,  etc.  Could anyone suggest a professional or quality shop that could perform this procedure in the US?  THANKS!!!! for any input and suggestions.  Jerry[/QUOTE]

Thread Information