Liked: 18

Default Driverz Cup/Challenge Series Wheels

Greeting All,

I am looking for 2 sets of the Empi 9747-D wheels (and maybe the tires mounted to them if they are good/legal).
    The price for the mounted sets from Driverzcup have gone up from $1,400 to $1,800, so I would like to see if there are any available used. I am preparing 2 cars for next season, so even if you are still using your wheels, but do not plan on racing next year, maybe we can strike a deal..

Thanks,
    Joe

Liked: 33

I've seen guys using the Vintage190 5.5" wheels for Challenge Cup. These wheels currently list for $231.00 each.

https://www.vintagemotorcarsinc.com/...t/vintage-190/

They also appear to be available from Mobelwagen for $150 each. I'm not sure about shipping cost.

https://mobelwagen.com/collections/a...40673925562533

Anyway, would $600 a set help you out?

I see the tires are now about $220 each, so $880 plus at least $600 for wheels so it looks like it's an expensive proposition.

Good luck.

Classifieds Super License Matt Clark's Avatar
    Liked: 355

I think the Empi 190 is ok, but be careful on the weights of the Mobelwagens. I want to say those were too light per the rules.
    The listed "16 lbs" is way high... we have the 4x100 version of them, and are less than that with way more material.
    ~Matt Clark | RTJ-02 FV #92 | My YouTube Onboard Videos (helmet cam)

Thanks for the input gents. Unfortunately, it looks like the DriverzCup only allows for an aluminum wheel, and since I am located in the SE that’s gonna be my focus. I may run some Challenge series races in the future as I have some roots in the Buffalo area, but that’s gonna be a few years down the road. Thankfully Greg was able to get me hooked up today with a couple sets at not great but better price than what I could find on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by housejoe View Post
    Thanks for the input gents. Unfortunately, it looks like the DriverzCup only allows for an aluminum wheel, and since I am located in the SE that’s gonna be my focus. I may run some Challenge series races in the future as I have some roots in the Buffalo area, but that’s gonna be a few years down the road. Thankfully Greg was able to get me hooked up today with a couple sets at not great but better price than what I could find on my own.
    I did forget that DriverZ Cup management only allows a single wheel last I heard, contrary to Challenge Cup for whatever reason...
    But either way, both the Empi & Mobelwagen wheels are aluminum. They just aren't Gregs custom one.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Clark View Post
    I did forget that DriverZ Cup management only allows a single wheel last I heard, contrary to Challenge Cup for whatever reason...
    But either way, both the Empi & Mobelwagen wheels are aluminum. They just aren't Gregs custom one.
    Wow, surprising because the link for Mobelwagen above sure looked like a steel wheel to me, but it says aluminum right there in the description.

Quote Originally Posted by housejoe View Post
    Wow, surprising because the link for Mobelwagen above sure looked like a steel wheel to me, but it says aluminum right there in the description.
    Right... they made aluminum versions of the steel wheel for aesthetics. And they are very nice quality.

Thread Information