Liked: 2

Default Range of adjustability antiroll bar & spring rate ?

Will I be able to stiffen up the performance of my suspension by about 50 to 75 lbs through antiroll bars and shock adjustments? Car corner weights at 220 front and 340 rears. I have researched here and about to start all of the calculations for spring rate and bars.

https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...=anti+roll+bar

https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...light=sway+bar

I upgraded shocks all around and went from 200 lb springs to 350, albeit randomly. I am in the process of re-working my suspension rates. I had outboard shocks installed because it was too difficult to get in front footbox for adjustments. I run solely autocross for fun, no desire to compete seriously. However, I love getting maximum G force and performance on course. The venues that I run range from Pocono infield road race course which is pretty much 50 to 80 mph on a beautiful smooth high grip surface to the other extreme small parking lots that are bumpy with tight turns and a few other surfaces in between.

Current setup 350lb springs on Koni double adjustable shocks, they are set on lightest settings. Disconnected bars ½” front and 5/8th rear solid steel bars. I ran 20 runs over a weekend at Pocono the car handled near perfect. Then went to a small lot event and I was all over the place.

My end goal would be the ability to dial up the stiffness to what I currently have from much softer springs for smaller bumpy lots. Is this a realistic goal or will I be going in circles really needing to run different spring rates from Pocono to small bumpy lots?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220704_125304.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	103752   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220704_125439.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	103751  
    Last edited by JoeE; 07.04.22 at 1:11 PM.
    Banshee #006 morphing from spec to maybe AM. I live for G force acceleration....

Thread Information