Liked: 5

For Sale `97 Van Diemen Roller + LR Pinto Engine

Decided it was time after coming back from a triple-header culminating in the June Sprints, I simply don’t have the time to put this project together, let alone run it (in the same run group as my FE2s no less).

97 Van Diemen chassis number #2299 - some assembly required. This was my jump from karts & SM into real engineering and racing, and it worked a bit TOO well. Between my new gigs as a data engineer in the pro circuit and my work in club racing running FE2s and SRFs, I simply don’t have the time or funds to give this project the life it deserves, especially with new work always around the corner. Originally Justin Pritchard's car, it’s been sold on ApexSpeed before here https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...ght=van+diemen and rented out here https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...ght=van+diemen. Hopefully the next seller will get some mileage out of it!

Chassis
    -Penske 3-way adjustable dampers (freshly re-valved and built by me, though I do work as a damper engineer so don’t be too worried! Curve matched to Anze Suspension specs).

-Stock ‘97 a-arms, the bottom LF is a bit hard to fit (seems to want to shrink every 5 seconds) but besides that all other members are in great condition with all rod ends checked & torqued. Have a few spares.

-New rotors, pads, etc.
    -Currently has gearing for Gingerman installed in the transmission.
    -Came with a Gyrodynamics diffuser from the previous owner, in great shape.
    -Has harness for full Pi system integration complete with all the sensors + rotary pot for steering angle. It works, and that’s all that matters. Could easily be swapped for a more robust system, I’m biased towards AiM but have seen success with all manners of data acquisition software.

Engine -
    All but new long-rod Pinto engine bought from CGOffroad (engine from here https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...ght=van+diemen). Have immense documentation, was bought from him and then sat waiting in my garage while I worked out of state for the past few months running cars with AJ Foyt Racing & some club teams.

I’m definitely forgetting countless things about this car, feel free to direct any and all questions to me. Obviously this roller has some assembly required and is a bit short on spares, but with the engine and the chassis I’m starting at $14k. Obviously spent MUCH more than that on getting the package together but that’s not the point, is it? Excited to see what this car + engine can do on the track in the hands of someone with the time to treat it right. Open to negotiation. Will respond through Apexspeed or by email. Infinitely more photos + info available upon request, including dyno sheets, wiring diagrams, spreadsheets, and frankly too many pdfs.

Email: jackson.hagood@gmail.com

Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 5

Parted out! Engine is still for sale for $7k.

Liked: 0

Default Interested in the car

I am new to Apex Speed and this post is a year old so sorry if I am bothering you. I am looking for a late 90s Van Diemen so I thought I would reach out.
    Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Adam

Thread Information