Liked: 2

Default Oil change intervals

the Star Race Cars manual for the PFM says the oil must be changed every 2 hours. Seems like a lot. I’d have to change my oil in the middle of a race weekend or even after just 1 long training day. Is that how frequent folks on here are changing their oil?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PNG image.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	103697  

Liked: 27

I’ve done 4 track days with my existing engine oil and gearbox oil. Each track day I do 2-3, 30 minute sessions and I’m thrashed. Changing the oil every two hours sounds very excessive to me.

My engine oil is not black yet, and the gearbox oil is still clearish. I’ll change both oils this summer.

Liked: 5

Default password motec 400 PFM pro serie

i bought a 2009 PFM Crawford composite chassis. Rebuilt complete. Running in Formula libre class in Canada.

I need to go into the motec 400 to change the set up. Nobody sems to know (not even Jay at Star race car) the password or the code to access the Motec 400 used in the late PFM serie.

is somebody knows the code or the password???

François Formule grand prix Canada

Quote Originally Posted by formule grand prix View Post
    i bought a 2009 PFM Crawford composite chassis. Rebuilt complete. Running in Formula libre class in Canada.

I need to go into the motec 400 to change the set up. Nobody sems to know (not even Jay at Star race car) the password or the code to access the Motec 400 used in the late PFM serie.

is somebody knows the code or the password???

François Formule grand prix Canada

Or who would have the info. The serie doesn't run anymore, the code should be out of secret then.

Or who would have the info. The serie doesn't run anymore, the code should be out of secret then.
    one other question for the PFM community.

My PFM is rebuilt in new including engine. We put the car on the track last monday for the first time. As we been told, we ran it without pushing hard to shake down the car and engine. Sudently, 3 laps later, the engine stop running like when your out of gas. There was 40 liter in the thank.

We brought the car to the garage and check everything. The only thing we found is spark plug were dirt ( it was new spark plug ) We clean them and then the engine strated as a new.

We use premix oil klotz 2 stroke 50:1

Is somebody got that kind of problem.

François

Liked: 295

if your fuel mix is off the plugs will foul. In my case we found there was leakage where the side pipes connected to the headers giving the o2 sensor a false lean reading., causing the computer to send more fuel making it run rich.

Quote Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
    if your fuel mix is off the plugs will foul. In my case we found there was leakage where the side pipes connected to the headers giving the o2 sensor a false lean reading., causing the computer to send more fuel making it run rich.
    Ok. i will check that. and at what position your mix button is, 1, 2, 3 or 4

François

one other question for the PFM community.

My PFM is rebuilt in new including engine. We put the car on the track last monday for the first time. As we been told, we ran it without pushing hard to shake down the car and engine. Sudently, 3 laps later, the engine stop running like when your out of gas. There was 40 liter in the thank.

We brought the car to the garage and check everything. The only thing we found is spark plug were dirt ( it was new spark plug ) We clean them and then the engine strated as a new.

We use premix oil klotz 2 stroke 50:1

Is somebody got that kind of problem.

François

Im not sure what 50:1 is, but mix one ounce of 2 stroke oil to 1 gallon of 100 octane fuel. In a 5 gallon jug of fuel,you’ll have put 5 ounces of 2 stroke oil.

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 855

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme1 View Post
    Im not sure what 50:1 is, but mix one ounce of 2 stroke oil to 1 gallon of 100 octane fuel. In a 5 gallon jug of fuel,you’ll have put 5 ounces of 2 stroke oil.
    50:1 means for 50 oz fuel, 1 oz oil. So for a 50:1 mix, he would put 12.8 oz in a 5 gallon jug
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Quote Originally Posted by Garey Guzman View Post
    50:1 means for 50 oz fuel, 1 oz oil. So for a 50:1 mix, he would put 12.8 oz in a 5 gallon jug
    Yes I understood the 50:1 part, I just didn’t know how much fuel and oil that would be and I was too lazy to figure it out

Formule,

Thats way too much oil, no wonder you fouled a plug(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme1 View Post
    Yes I understood the 50:1 part, I just didn’t know how much fuel and oil that would be and I was too lazy to figure it out

Formule,

Thats way too much oil, no wonder you fouled a plug(s).
    Thanks .

What i put is equivalent of 120 mll ( 4 US ounces) in 10 liter of gaz. There is 3,78 liter of gas in one US gallon. Is that to much ?

Should i put 1 ounce per US gallon?

Thanks .

What i put is equivalent of 120 mll ( 4 US ounces) in 10 liter of gaz. There is 3,78 liter of gas in one US gallon. Is that to much ?

Should i put 1 ounce per US gallon?

YES, I put 5 ounces of Maxima Castor 927 ( Amazon brings it to my door), two stroke oil in the bottom of a US 5 gallon fuel jug, then fill it up with 5 US gallons of race fuel, or the equivalent in liters. I use 100 octane that is available at the track I frequent.

Liked: 281

Change the oil and clean the filter after every weekend

Thread Information