Liked: 23

Default Missing AMB Transponder, from NJMP.

My spare transponder "went missing" from NJMP on the weekend of June 11-12. I didn't notice it until later that it wasn't in the trailer.

AMB 260, early plastic mount version, hardwired transponder # 1547211. It is registered to me with MyLaps/SpeedHive.

Alan.

Last edited by AlanVDW; 07.13.22 at 7:47 PM.
    Van Diemen RF 79 #? Van Deimen RF 78 #231

It's not how fast you go.
    It's how well you go fast.

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

Quote Originally Posted by AlanVDW View Post
    My spare transponder "went missing" from NJMP on the weekend of June 11-12. I didn't notice it until later that it wasn't in the trailer.
    Alan;

Makes me ill at ease.

Contact MyLaps and suspend the subscription UFN. Post the registration number here, and it will probably be located in time.
    V/r

Iverson

Thanks Rick. I've already looked into that path. I did have the # in my original post, but it was blocked out. I have edited.

As per the MYLAPS website:

"Lost or stolen transponder:

MYLAPS can not block or track your transponder for you but we can make a note in our database.

It is important that your transponder is registered in your account. So no other user can register this transponder in his account.
    In your <results> you can see if and where your transponder has been used.

In your account you can change your <nick name> in <STOLEN/LOST_transponder number.>
    The jury will see this name when entering the transponder to an event and this will show on the score board .
    If you are going to race, let the jury know that your transponder has been lost or stolen.

When MYLAPS gets a request to disconnect a transponder, we always check if this transponder is registered to this person's name.
    We don't disconnect without the permission of the person to whom the transponder is registered. "

My transponder nickname in MYLAPS has been changed to stolen/lost. I have printed records of my results and have filed a police report with Millville PD. We'll see if it gets used somewhere.
    Last edited by AlanVDW; 07.18.22 at 6:51 PM.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Gents;

Speaking of registering a MyLaps xpondr, can the registration be transferred to new owner?
    V/r

Iverson

Default Second Hand Transponder Registration

Yes.
    There are two ways.

One would be to have the seller give you the username and password for their account, then change the password. The previous owners result will still be viewable in SpeedHive.

Or from Mylaps:
    "If you bought a second-hand transponder which is still registered to the former owner's account we can't disconnect the transponder.
    The former owner has the responsibility to disconnect the transponder from his account when he sells the transponder to you.
    After the former owner disconnected the transponder you can register the transponder to your own account.

If the transponder is not a flex transponder, but a transponder without a subscription we can't disconnect the transponder. The former owner can change the details in his account into yours or contact us to disconnect it for him."

Alan

Yes.
    There are two ways.

One would be to have the seller give you the username and password for their account, then change the password. The previous owners result will still be viewable in SpeedHive.

Or from Mylaps:
    "If you bought a second-hand transponder which is still registered to the former owner's account we can't disconnect the transponder.
    The former owner has the responsibility to disconnect the transponder from his account when he sells the transponder to you.
    After the former owner disconnected the transponder you can register the transponder to your own account.

If the transponder is not a flex transponder, but a transponder without a subscription we can't disconnect the transponder. The former owner can change the details in his account into yours or contact us to disconnect it for him."

Alan
    Alan;

Then, may I presume a “ No Subscription” xpondr does not require this?
    V/r

Iverson

Default Transponder

Correct. A non-subscription transponder does not need to be registered at all with MyLaps to function.

AND.... My transponder has been recovered, or actually, found. A crewmember, who shall remain nameless, moved it somewhere for safekeeping.

9. The following 2 users liked this post:

Correct. A non-subscription transponder does not need to be registered at all with MyLaps to function.

AND.... My transponder has been recovered, or actually, found. A crewmember, who shall remain nameless, moved it somewhere for safekeeping.
    Then I am pleased.
    V/r

Iverson

Thread Information