Thread: Update on Aaron

Liked: 17

Default Update on Aaron

I received a call on Sunday from Larry Ellis. Aaron got checked out in Sheboygan and released. He felt good enough to tow his car home. He's banged up a bit, but is going to be ok.

Liked: 1108

Don’t know what happened, but great news regardless!
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Liked: 17

Quote Originally Posted by E1pix View Post
    Don’t know what happened, but great news regardless!
    Back story: Aaron was closing in on Tim Kautz (FF) entering the Kink when Kautz seemingly lost power, leaving Aaron nowhere to go. His car was launched into the outside wall. All his safety equipment did its job but the Kink is a very unforgiving corner and the impact was very hard.
    Last edited by teamfun; 06.21.22 at 8:39 PM.

4. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 1108

Man, bad place for that. Lucky outcome, and *especially* in that car.

Thanks for the explanation.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Liked: 227

Jeff - Thanks for the update. A lot of folks have been praying and hoping for the best. The original comments I heard were much more serious, so this is great news.

Cory

Liked: 16

Quote Originally Posted by teamfun View Post
    Back story: Aaron was closing in on Tim Kautz (FF) entering the Kink when Kautz seemingly lost power, leaving Aaron nowhere to go. His car was launched into the outside wall. All his safety equipment did its job but the Kink is a very unforgiving corner and the impact was very hard.
    I had the right rear tire go flat in the carousel, I didn't know what was wrong at the time other than I it was hard to hang onto at exit. I immediately went to the inside to get out of the line and was NOT going to cross over to the outside before the kink as many cars were coming. It must have takin Aaron by surprise as he hit my left rear with the right front of his car.

I'm very happy to hear he is ok!!! I talked to his dad after the race but hadn't gotten an update.

I've enjoyed racing with Aaron for years.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information