Liked: 259

Default rotary ARB adjuster recommendations

what's the best/smallest rotary ARB adjuster and where can I purchase one?? I'd really like to use the dual lever adjuster from Comprent that's sitting out in the shop but there's just not enough space............ with usable space in the cockpit all but gone the rear bar will have to be adjusted in the paddock/pit lane (at least initially)

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net

Classifieds Super License teamwisconsin's Avatar
    Liked: 565

Art-
    California Push/Pull up in Chico has sold me these "Micro Adjust" controllers that I've used for the front ARB adjusters on the Tyrrell 009 and 010. Push the button and pull it or push it for coarse adjustment, turn the knob for fine adjustment. I'm assuming this is the style of adjuster you were looking for?
    Ethan Shippert
    http://shippertracingservices.com
    https://www.norwestff.com

"l'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace!"

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Ethan-

outstanding, exactly what I'm looking for; thanks!! have you seen dimensions anywhere online?

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net

Classifieds Super License teamwisconsin's Avatar
    Liked: 565

I can measure it when I get to the shop on Monday, but they're not too big. Just off the top of my head, the grip portion of the knob is probably 1.5", and the dimension of the knob from the bulkhead nut when its fully pushed forward is probably 2" or so? depending on how much throw you give it at the ARB (and the cable that it is made with) I suppose it could probably move a few inches. The Tyrrell installation probably has an inch or maybe two of travel? It's fairly compact and actually much easier to adjust on the fly than the lever style adjusters, FWIW.
    Ethan Shippert
    http://shippertracingservices.com
    https://www.norwestff.com

"l'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace!"

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 27

They are used on private light airplanes too. They control the throttle and mixture settings. Maybe look at an aircraft supply house.

Liked: 101

Thats a vernier control aircraft spruce has them
    Dee

thanks guys for the aircraft supply/Aircraft Spruce thoughts!! everything I've seen at Aircraft Spruce has diameters in the 2"-2½" range AND dimensions are in scarce supply............. space is at an extreme premium AND the need for convenient driver access further reduces the what's really available.

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net

Liked: 53

The double leaver fits fine. I have mine on the left hand side of the cockpit.

Cheers
    James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked: 40

Default Pegasus?

I would rather be making racing news than reading it. Living the dream out here in the middle of farm country

Thread Information