Liked: 1417

Default Recommended: DO NOT post your email or phone number in ads

I just want to reiterate something hat we have been telling users for years, but often still continue to be ignored.

We HIGHLY recommend not posting your phone number or your email address in a classified post, and only use the Private Message system within ApexSpeed for initial communications.

We can't protect everyone all the time, but we can limit the potential for you to get scammed by our new member approval system, which includes me approving every new member manually every day. If someone wants to contact you about a car or part you have listed, or a want-ad you have posted for something you are looking for, they need to contact you through PMs, and not in any other manner. You will not be able to tell if that person is an ApexSpeed member if they are reaching out to you by phone or email. You really shouldn't be posting those things on the internet anyway.

Contact ONLY through the PMs here will insure that they have at least passed through my filters for real people, and while I may miss one once in a while, your chances of a legit transaction increase dramatically if you are dealing with an actual forum member. If you want to give them your info after that, you're at least likely communicating with a legit buyer or seller.

Again, really try to avoid posting your phone number or email address on the forums if at all possible. You never know what you'll turn up that you aren't looking for.

Forum Scams

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1108

Thanks, Doug.

I just did that very thing in a semi-covert way, and will delete.

Appreciate the heads-up.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Liked: 1108

I did receive a strange email today, with a subject matching an old Mickey Rooney movie, and regarding a “package sent to me.”

Sent by “Nikki.” No reference to ApexSpeed, otherwise anything consistent with last week’s issue?

Thanks.
    Last edited by E1pix; 05.17.22 at 3:24 PM.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Thread Information