Liked: 482

Default Miami F1 course…

What say you? (The course layout… not the fake water or other pomp…)

Watching an onboard lap I kinda like it. Exit of one turn (maybe Turn 7-8) made me nervous but generally looks fairly interesting. I need to watch a few more times…

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 28

Not sure how the passing will be, but I was impressed with runoff available on a lot of corners and the track width. It appears to not be as tight as some of the street courses are and looks like a fair amount of nice grand stands available. I hear ticket prices are steep but if you get a good seat. It looks like a normal track over some aspects of it.

Liked: 536

Ticket prices are stupid expensive, especially if you want to play in the fake ocean.

The main straight is listed at almost 1.3 km, simulations CLAIM almost 200 mph, but I bet it'll be higher. Wonder how long the current engines can run at max RPM before detonating?

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 268

Default Miami

Saw Hamiltons bitch about the track layout and bumps, well it's a race track and all of them have warts somewhere so louie, deal with it. All of us racing here have dealt with tracks of many kinds that shake your teeth and we don't happen to like some kind of a layout and it doesn't matter if it is an oval or road course. Maybe that is his excuse for being miles behind his teammate!

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 290

After watching practice, the track struck me as looking like the standard street coarse. Barrier placement, etc., is nothing special.

Brian

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 296

I reserved judgement until I could watch a few sessions. I watched the W race too.

The first section looks good. The section leading to the chicane and out of it is pretty rinky dink. There's not much else going on there. The W race was pretty awesome but the F3 car has a lot more room and time to move around out there. I'm not super hopeful they will do much passing tomorrow.

For the race I think all of the top four had kind of crappy qualifying laps. Assuming they hold positions through the first few laps it will be a pitstop battle.
    Chris Livengood, enjoying underpriced ferrous whizzy bits that I hacked out in my tool shed since 1999.

11. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 319

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Kehoe View Post
    Saw Hamiltons bitch about the track layout and bumps
    He whines more than even Mansell. (And that was some championship caliber whining!)
    Last edited by Offcamber1; 05.07.22 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Misspelled Mansell!
    Lola: When four springs just aren't enough.

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1108

Ah well, we got in two whole replies before the Lewis bashing started.

Might be a record.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

15. The following 3 users liked this post:

I just hope the track races decently. I'm sure we will see a crash or two, the exit onto the back straight being so narrow. I also notice they are all violating track limits on the entry to the one corner, but nobody seems to have said anything. Also, there seems to be a lot of doubt surrounding the surface material. That they've had to patch it at least twice isn't a good sign.
    Chris Livengood, enjoying underpriced ferrous whizzy bits that I hacked out in my tool shed since 1999.

Liked: 482

I agree one has to adjust to whatever the track is like. Every driver has to deal.

That said, the surface seems like it demands a lot more adjusting than the “typical” smooth F1 track.

Default Miami

The FIA approved the track which I assume meant the pavement composition as well so wouldn't they be the reasonable target for the teams to complain to? Most tracks seem to create one line once any rubber gets worn off and creates marbles especially street type tracks. Got to believe the ridiculous braking with no room to out brake anyone has a definite effect on any passing. Looking at Monaco, is there anything but a single line around the place? Got to admit I sure as hell would not spend the money for a ticket at those prices to see anything. Blame goes to the exorbitant budgets, cost to promotors, sanction fees and greed!

The asphalt just isn't lasting. They used some local mixture and it is pulling up quickly. Hence the patches. Monaco is a terrible track with a lot of history. The current gen cars are going to look even more ridiculous on it given their size. Miami did the best they could but messed up the mix.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 101

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Livengood View Post
    The asphalt just isn't lasting. They used some local mixture and it is pulling up quickly. Hence the patches. Monaco is a terrible track with a lot of history. The current gen cars are going to look even more ridiculous on it given their size. Miami did the best they could but messed up the mix.
    What I had read was that it was a designed mix, laid correctly, but it seems it just isn't holding up https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/mi...p_JA%3D.Vbb5eh

Why Willy T and not Mario ?

WillyT was in our pits at SVRA Laguna two weeks ago and he sounded the same !

Default Miami

Saw that the FIA brought over their crack paving guy who picked all of the specs and materials as well as methods to pave the track to their standard so any complaints, call the FIA! They approved it so they can deal with it!

Thread Information