Liked: 50

Default ‘’The Track” a new track coming to South Florida soon.

“The Track” in Hendry County Florida, centrally located in South Florida.

Announcing the availability of micro ownership possibilities, with $1,500.00 incremental buy in positions. Club memberships available with several levels of track access.

Contact Shawn Cunningham @ (561) 723-5812

https://youtu.be/FZn6OweRxgI

2. The following 5 users liked this post:

Liked: 799

With only that cow for scale, some parts look pretty narrow. What's the min road width?
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Default Width

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
    With only that cow for scale, some parts look pretty narrow. What's the min road width?

12 meters / 39.37 ft.

Liked: 597

Thank you for a timely message.

After having studied how to get there one of my concerns is the road south of Dooley Grade - some of that appears to be dirt - a bad rain and a non-four-wheel drive truck with a fairly big trailer maybe spells s t u c k ??

Liked: 5

Internet sleuthing revealed this: CarProperty.com / Racetrack Facility for Sale in Central F...
    One of the pictures calls it Seminole Raceway, but it was privately built (and not to be confused with the defunct dirt oval called Seminole Speedway that you can find on Wikipedia).

I wonder what the story was... plans to develop it into an Autobahn-esque or private racetrack neighborhood?
    Andrew Spencer
    1990 Red Devil F500

Liked: 113

What is the history of this track? Historic Aerials shown it being built between 2005 and 2007. It seems to have existed very quietly since then. But many things seem to exist very quietly in central Florida. The configurations are really more proving grounds / test facility that being designed as a racing circuit.

Is your intention for track days only or are you planning on upgrading to allow sanctioned racing events?
    Mark Silverberg - SE Michigan
    Lynx B FV & Royale RP3 FF
    240Z Vintage Production Car
    PCR, Kosmic CRG & Birel karts

Liked: 703

I'm sure Shawn will answer all questions but there is a bit more info in this thread:
    https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...446#post634446
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 113

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    I'm sure Shawn will answer all questions but there is a bit more info in this thread:
    https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...446#post634446
    thank you - that helps. It appears that Shawn is very receptive to input and has a good vision. Since the facility already exists at least he will not have to address land permit issues. Putting in RV hookups can help address many of the lodging issues as camping trailers could be delivered to the track.
    Mark Silverberg - SE Michigan
    Lynx B FV & Royale RP3 FF
    240Z Vintage Production Car
    PCR, Kosmic CRG & Birel karts

Default The Track

Quote Originally Posted by EYERACE View Post
    Thank you for a timely message.

After having studied how to get there one of my concerns is the road south of Dooley Grade - some of that appears to be dirt - a bad rain and a non-four-wheel drive truck with a fairly big trailer maybe spells s t u c k ??
    The plan is to pave the one mile north-south entry road.

Quote Originally Posted by aims20 View Post
    Internet sleuthing revealed this: CarProperty.com / Racetrack Facility for Sale in Central F...
    One of the pictures calls it Seminole Raceway, but it was privately built (and not to be confused with the defunct dirt oval called Seminole Speedway that you can find on Wikipedia).

I wonder what the story was... plans to develop it into an Autobahn-esque or private racetrack neighborhood?
    The story is the man that owns mentos candies built that for his private use, he’s my neighbor I bought it from him.

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Silverberg View Post
    What is the history of this track? Historic Aerials shown it being built between 2005 and 2007. It seems to have existed very quietly since then. But many things seem to exist very quietly in central Florida. The configurations are really more proving grounds / test facility that being designed as a racing circuit.

Is your intention for track days only or are you planning on upgrading to allow sanctioned racing events?
    we plan to do a variety of track days, test days and sanctioned SCCA, NASA, PbOC and Fara those kind of events along with corporate events.

15. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 530

If you guys have not met Shaw yet, he is an awesome guy and could not be any nicer. I’ll look forward to seeing what he can do with this property. We hung at at Brian Redman’s Targa 66 earlier this year. He’s exactly the right guy with the right vision to start something new like this. I don’t envy the red tape and work and all the challenges he’s tackling. Offer suggestions, make any criticism constructive and let’s support this endeavor in whatever ways we each can so hopefully we will have an open-wheel friendly track and owner for many years to come. Brian has an Indy Lights March 86 by the way..

17. The following 3 users liked this post:

Not today.....but at sometime later I will likely think that $1500 is pocket change and give it to the effort to create a new track for everyone in Florida.
    $1500 will probably pave a whole 6 feet of that dirt road but I'll think of it as the part that I would not have gotten stuck on.....
    so I might have to think 12 feet instead

Thanks for an update.....if there's nothing posted further for a while that's OK.... it will be sort of how the sign reconstruction and Permit thing out in front of my Office is going with the City of Orlando...........them City and County Bureaucrats not only seem to take forever but they're unpredictable too. Let's all remember the 3 rules of construction > It takes longer than you thought, it's going to cost more than you thought and you're going to make mistakes

I'll bet the project will eventually involve permits to 'move gators' much as the old joke goes about the guy who was hired to drain the swamp.

I just might show up unannounced in the Lotus one of these days with a wad of $100 bills and try to bribe anyone there into letting me take a run around the layout a few times....but not at 10/tenths.....and any cow I take out is their's not mine

19. The following 3 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

Quote Originally Posted by EYERACE View Post
    Not today.....but at sometime later I will likely think that $1500 is pocket change and give it to the effort to create a new track for everyone in Florida.
    I am in as well.
    V/r

Iverson

21. The following members LIKED this post:

Ah ha ! Found the thread - no info in the past year - not to be confused with Hendry County Motorsports park which is round de round

Liked: 34

Quote Originally Posted by cunn5 View Post
    The story is the man that owns mentos candies built that for his private use, he’s my neighbor I bought it from him.
    Did the track start as a small runway and then expand afterwards?

Thread Information