Liked: 8

Default Future of Red Devil?

As many of you already saw the fallen friends thread, Don Hanley passed away on Jan 30th of this year. May Don RIP. The title of this thread is future of Red Devil? I wonder if one of his children, neighbors, friends, co-worker, etc will take over the business and keep Race Cars of the Future afloat? I think it would be a shame to just flush it down the sewer. Anyone know anything ?

Liked: 227

The last new Red Devils were two kits that Don sent to Steve Jondal about 8-10 years ago. For probably 4-5 years Don had been winding down, just selling parts already on the shelf and helping long-term customers (like me) with one-off needs.

That being said, new and used parts can be sourced without too much trouble. If anyone needs Red Devil parts, I recommend posting a WTB thread on the SCCA Formula F500 / FMod Facebook page.

Cory

Liked: 8

So, with no more Red Devil cars, we are left with QRE cars and Scorpions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Schmidt View Post
    So, with no more Red Devil cars, we are left with QRE cars and Scorpions?
    There are two additional people building new cars (7 total chassis in production, I think), and others in the design phase.

Liked: 0

Hi Guys,

I owned a red devil for about 10 years one of the items I had to purchase for my devil was a fuel cell, the order had to come from don to get the cell made ,how would an owner of a reddevil get a cell made now , Im asking this question because I could possibly be helping a friend choose his first f-500 and I dont want to steer him toward a devil if he cant get parts like a fuel cell for his car, any info would be much appreciated

Joe

Liked: 41

Custom fuel cells are made by a number of companies, it should never be a concern when buying a car.

Quote Originally Posted by slopoke33 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I owned a red devil for about 10 years one of the items I had to purchase for my devil was a fuel cell, the order had to come from don to get the cell made ,how would an owner of a reddevil get a cell made now , Im asking this question because I could possibly be helping a friend choose his first f-500 and I dont want to steer him toward a devil if he cant get parts like a fuel cell for his car, any info would be much appreciated

Joe
    Fuel Safe made the cells for Red Devils. That being said, any of the manufacturers can make a cell from an old one. There is a currently active thread here discussing custom fuel cells and other fuel cell threads in the archives.

I have the drawings of the standard Red Devil fuel cell that Don used for many years (maybe 1997-2008 and beyond) and can send them to anyone with a Red Devil. I also have the Fuel Safe part number for a larger Fuel Safe cell to fit Red Devils.

In summary - absolutely nothing to worry about.

Cory

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Thanks Guys,

Once I know what car my friend is interested in ill be looking for more info

Joe

Default fuel cell

Quote Originally Posted by cory mcleod View Post
    Fuel Safe made the cells for Red Devils. That being said, any of the manufacturers can make a cell from an old one. There is a currently active thread here discussing custom fuel cells and other fuel cell threads in the archives.

I have the drawings of the standard Red Devil fuel cell that Don used for many years (maybe 1997-2008 and beyond) and can send them to anyone with a Red Devil. I also have the Fuel Safe part number for a larger Fuel Safe cell to fit Red Devils.

In summary - absolutely nothing to worry about.

Cory
    hello cory could you send me the drawings and do you have the part # for the bladder.
    thanks mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikea65 View Post
    hello cory could you send me the drawings and do you have the part # for the bladder.
    thanks mike
    Just sent you a PM.

Thread Information