Liked: 0

Default Northeast F600s?

Hello Everyone,
    Anyone racing a F600 in the Northeast anytime soon?
    I’m looking to get into racing and I’m between a couple classes.
    I love the high RPM and shifting with the F600s. Considering price and speed, F600 might be the best bang for the buck.
    I’d love to come check out your car and see the size of the fields.
    Please post if you think of a good race to check out.
    Thanks!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 479

If you are looking for some competition, F5/500/600 seem to hang out at the Majors level.

Not much in the New England area, if you run you will get lumped in with FF, FC and other winged cars. Was bigger when there was 6 races at Lime Rock, but now down to just one Regional per year.

From NJ you have Majors races at Summit (next week). Watkins Glen, Pittsburgh, maybe Pocono and NJMP. If you have a full comp license, then this might make reasonable season. Willing to travel? Then more options.

New England is FV territory, if interested Advantage Motorsport is based in NJ.

Good luck.

ChrisZ

Liked: 57

Default Northeast F600s?

We should have a few F500s at Pitt and at Watkins Glen.
    George Bugg
    -----------------------------
    NovaKar
    F600

Liked: 227

Quote Originally Posted by GBugg View Post
    We should have a few F500s at Pitt and at Watkins Glen.
    George is correct. There are currently 5 F500s signed up for the Pittsburgh race at the end of this month. 4 of those cars will have the motorcycle engine (aka - F600). There are usually 6-10 F500s at the Watkins Glen majors race each year.

You may also want to check out the F500/FM group on Facebook.

There is also a majors race at New Jersey Motorsports Park in July. The F500 field is usually 3-6 at that race.

Thanks for the input. I’ll try to make it to a few of those races.
    I don’t see many F600s for sale on this forum or on the FB group page. Am I better off asking about cars for sale than expecting to find listings?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
    Thanks for the input. I’ll try to make it to a few of those races.
    I don’t see many F600s for sale on this forum or on the FB group page. Am I better off asking about cars for sale than expecting to find listings?
    Yes - Introduce yourself on the FB group and post a WTB note. I think there are several good 4-stroke F500s (we don't call them F600s anymore, because we are all one class) for sale right now.

Cory

Quote Originally Posted by cory mcleod View Post
    Yes - Introduce yourself on the FB group and post a WTB note. I think there are several good 4-stroke F500s (we don't call them F600s anymore, because we are all one class) for sale right now.

Cory
    Thanks for the suggestion. I don’t have FB, so I used my wife’s account. Hopefully someone will come along with a good option for me.

What is your price range?
    George Bugg
    NovaKar
    F600

Quote Originally Posted by GBugg View Post
    What is your price range?
    I’d like to stay around 10-12k

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
    I’d like to stay around 10-12k
    I'm with you - I don't use FB except for car-related groups.

I see you joined the F500 group. I think one or both of the cars Jim Murphy (F600 Challenge) mentioned that Clint and Dan McMahan have for sale may be in your price range. They are also good people to know as you learn about 4-stroke F500s. They've been involved from the beginning and have done several engine conversions.

Cory

Quote Originally Posted by cory mcleod View Post
    I'm with you - I don't use FB except for car-related groups.

I see you joined the F500 group. I think one or both of the cars Jim Murphy (F600 Challenge) mentioned that Clint and Dan McMahan have for sale may be in your price range. They are also good people to know as you learn about 4-stroke F500s. They've been involved from the beginning and have done several engine conversions.

Cory
    Yeah, they have been in contact. Unfortunately, the cars they have for sale will not be at Pitt, but they are certainly not out of mind.
    I wanted to take the above poster’s advice and volunteer to crew for a team at Pitt, but my wife and schedule will not allow. I’m still planning to make it out there for Saturday and/or Sunday. Hopefully, I get to meet a few of you while I’m there.

We’ll have 3 cars under the Mitchell Racing tent, so stop by. I look forward to meeting you.
    George Bugg
    NovaKar
    F600

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information