Banned
    Liked: 8

For Sale Complete Rebuild 1997 Lazer MK2.5 Formula Vee

Possibly The Best And Most Compete Race Proven Lazer MK2.5 available in the country.....

This car has set numerous track records at Phoenix International Raceway, Firebird International Raceway (Wild Horse Pass), Las Vegas Road Course and Pikes Peak International Raceway. Many majors wins when it was companied. Possibly the finest and most sorted out Lazer manufactured by Campbell Motorsports. Chassis is arrow straight and has never in an accident or bent including the beam and axles. Body work fits as it did when new. All body panels clean with no stress cracks, including all cooling ductwork, head covers and air intakes. Professionally Built 4 piece Nose Mold capable of pulling or manufacturing at least 100+ noses. All grade 8 fine thread bolds with Nylock locking nuts. This car was originally built with all top grade components with no acceptation to cost or quality.
    Roller Bearing Front Beam with Sipos Off Set Delrin Bushings, Super tight and amazingly free moving with no binding. All Log Books included noting every race and showing this car had never been bent or wrecked. Not even a minor incident or bent wheel. Original Homologation Papers included. The car was well known in the Southern Pacific Region and had received numerous compliments on how well it was built and the attention to detail given during the build. I really don't want to sell it but I am moving up to Formula F and can't see the car just sitting and not being used. It is a highly competitive car and will be running up front with the right driver.

Fresh National Vee Tech Engine
    National Level Carburetor
    High Flowing National Level Intake
    Lybarger Powder Coated Low Friction Short Box With Polished Gears
    Spare Lybarger Long Box With Minimal Hours Usage
    Al Verison (Speed Sport) Tri-Y Dyno'd Exhaust System
    Fox Front Shocks Dyno'd By Chris Harrison with internal droop limiters
    Dual Adjustable Fox Rear Shock with External adjustable Reservoir W-150lb 2.25" spring
    Tilton Master Brake and Clutch Cylinders
    Tilton Brake Bias Control
    Steering Box Knee Protector With Fiberglass Mold
    Frontal Intrusion Foot Box Protector
    Body Sides Have 6 Layer's of Kevlar For Side Intrusion Protection
    Notched Shift Linkage for Extra Interior Space
    Remote Air Fuel Mixture LED Gauge with O2 Sensor
    All Stainless Braided Aero Quip Lines With Protective Covering / Brake, Clutch, Fuel
    All Heim Joints and Rod Ends are Aurora Aero PTFE Lined
    Custom Lexan Dash
    High Pitch Pizo Low Oil Pressure Alarm
    Manual 5Lb Fire Suppression System
    Professional 4 Piece Fiberglass Nose Mold
    Wired For In Car Radio With Antenna Bracket, Push To Talk, Comes With Radios and Headset

I am selling everything I have that is associated with Formula Vee...

Six Sets of Straight Powder Coated Rockwell Wheels
    Five Front Sway Bars
    Spare Rear Axles
    Spare Powder Coated Backing Plates
    Spare Powered Coated Roller Bearing Front Beam
    New Rear Control Arm
    All Alignment and Set Up Tools
    Spare Starters and Parts
    New Tilton Master Cylinder
    Tilton Master Cylinder Rebuild Kits.
    Spare Carburetor
    New Tie Rods
    Carburetor Jet Kit with Reamers
    Wheel Weights and Balancer
    New Slave Cylinder and Rebuild Kits
    Spare Drums Front and Rear......
    Way Too Much Too list. Anything having to do with Formula Vee will go with the car

Please review the pictures but they don't do this car justice...Please contact me for more info or pictures

Asking $12000.00

My E-Mail is rwallschlaeger@cox.net

Thank You
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 5 users liked this post:

Liked: 7

Default How big of a driver will fit?

My shoulders are 21 inches wide. Curious to see if I could fit in it.

Banned

Default The Car Is Sold!!!!!!

Thank You APEX and thanks to everyone who replied back on this car. Blew my mind as to how many responses I received on the car. Didn't expect that kind of response. The car went for more than the listed price which also surprised me. The car will be based out of Mansfield, Ohio. If any Lazer owners need a nose made or information on original Lazer body panels or hardware please contact Eric and Sandy here at APEX (E1pix) I'm sure they will be more that helpful in getting a nose made or helping you out with any information you need.

It was great speaking with so many old friends again, sounds like the Vee community is still large and strong..

Thanks Again APEX

Quote Originally Posted by hotarizona View Post
    Possibly The Best And Most Compete Race Proven Lazer MK2.5 available in the country.....

This car has set numerous track records at Phoenix International Raceway, Firebird International Raceway (Wild Horse Pass), Las Vegas Road Course and Pikes Peak International Raceway. Many majors wins when it was companied. Possibly the finest and most sorted out Lazer manufactured by Campbell Motorsports. Chassis is arrow straight and has never in an accident or bent including the beam and axles. Body work fits as it did when new. All body panels clean with no stress cracks, including all cooling ductwork, head covers and air intakes. Professionally Built 4 piece Nose Mold capable of pulling or manufacturing at least 100+ noses. All grade 8 fine thread bolds with Nylock locking nuts. This car was originally built with all top grade components with no acceptation to cost or quality.
    Roller Bearing Front Beam with Sipos Off Set Delrin Bushings, Super tight and amazingly free moving with no binding. All Log Books included noting every race and showing this car had never been bent or wrecked. Not even a minor incident or bent wheel. Original Homologation Papers included. The car was well known in the Southern Pacific Region and had received numerous compliments on how well it was built and the attention to detail given during the build. I really don't want to sell it but I am moving up to Formula F and can't see the car just sitting and not being used. It is a highly competitive car and will be running up front with the right driver.

Dual Adjustable Fox Rear Shock with External adjustable Reservoir W-150lb 2.25" spring
    All Stainless Braided Aero Quip Lines With Protective Covering / Brake, Clutch, Fuel
    Custom Lexan Dash
    Wired For In Car Radio With Antenna Bracket, Push To Talk, Comes With Radios and Headset

Five Front Sway Bars
    Spare Rear Axles
    New Rear Control Arm
    Spare Starters and Parts
    Spare Carburetor
    New Tie Rods
    Way Too Much Too list. Anything having to do with Formula Vee will go with the car

Please review the pictures but they don't do this car justice...Please contact me for more info or pictures

Asking $12000.00

Thank You

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 1108

Thanks Rob, it’s finally our turn!!!

59 years of waiting!

Anyone get a discount on Kleenex?
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

7. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 53

Rob:
    That has got to be one of the most beautiful examples of the Lazer FV. I once owned the Lazer project. I regret letting it go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    G. Brian Metcalf
    72 AutoD MK4
    1991 Mysterian M2
    2014 ALR73 FV/FST

9. The following 2 users liked this post:

Hi, Brian:

At some point, I’d love to talk about your involvement.

Though many might not care about their marques and provenance, I actually do. I have some history with the Knapps — Jerry, Steve, and even cousin Thomas — so any info you can offer, I’m all ears!

Thanks.

Liked: 388

Congratulations on your purchase. Glad to hear it's coming back to the midwest. Was a condition of the sale that you must keep the palm tree on the steering wheel? I still carry one on my car, but I'm down to one left. I may have to see if someone can scan it and make more.

20220409_214542.jpg

12. The following 2 users liked this post:

Been meaning to write you, Michael, but Thanks a lot for the good wishes!

The palm may or may not survive. My karts had a Gilles helmet on the dash, and very likely will carry that again. Loved the guy and witnessed his first F1 win as an 18 year-old reporter, and have been trying to outdo that experience ever since.

Thanks a lot for your post — and please let your dad know we’ve actually jumped in. We had zero intention of that yet until ten days ago, something just clicked. We still can’t quite believe it.

Best to you both.

PS — Regardless, if there’s no copyright on the palm I’d be happy to repro it for you. That’s part of what I do.

Our car is very likely to be hand-lettered. I haven’t lettered a race car in over 30 years, but did over 500 between ‘77 and about 1991 — including for Knapp’s Vees, and Thomas Knapp’s pro S2000 title car in ‘85. This all just fits.

Liked: 37

As a former Veetech customer I too would be interested in obtaining some palm tree decals. I’ve since moved on from Vees but very much miss Jim and his contributions to the sport.

Greg Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Sport Engineering View Post
    Congratulations on your purchase. Glad to hear it's coming back to the midwest. Was a condition of the sale that you must keep the palm tree on the steering wheel? I still carry one on my car, but I'm down to one left. I may have to see if someone can scan it and make more.

15. The following members LIKED this post:

Replaced with following post...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by E1pix; 04.17.22 at 10:22 PM.

17. The following members LIKED this post:

BLS

Here’s the seven pieces of Veetech art I’ve reproduced. They were all created in Adobe Illustrator as line art for plotting, but are suitable for any printed use as well, being they are eps files.

The images shown here are for low-res, screen demonstration only.

As mentioned above, I did this to honor Jim Wallschlaeger’s legacy, and can send final art to anyone wanting to have decals made. When I do the livery on our new Lazer, I may well make a few of the ones I’m running, but have no schedule of that at present. It is likely I will hand-paint our car’s lettering, after doing over 500 race cars for others from 1977 to about 1990, I finally get to do one for us.

The original palm art is 12” high, available in black or white, and I created versions of all the Veetech type art at 24”, 12” and 6” long — in both black and white. Any good sign shop can convert to whatever color fits your livery.

Anyone wanting to access the final art is welcome to PM me. I can email you the art at any size you want, or at a stock size that’s larger than what your decal provider might downsize to output it.

I may start a new thread specific to this offering if interest dictates.

I hope some find this of interest to carry on Jim’s hard-earned legacy. My impression from a distance is it’s clear he really earned that.

Thanks for the replies, especially from Michael and for those who replied and posted reference.
    Last edited by E1pix; 04.17.22 at 10:52 PM.

19. The following 3 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License Matt Clark's Avatar
    Liked: 355

Quote Originally Posted by E1pix View Post
    Thanks Rob, it’s finally our turn!!!

59 years of waiting!

Anyone get a discount on Kleenex?
    Eric,
    Out of curiosity, what are your racing plans with the car? SCCA Majors/Runoffs, SCCA Regionals, Challenge Cup?
    I ask, because you are in a great area to run Challenge Cup with the large Vee-only run groups... and they happen to be at Mid-Ohio this coming weekend if you wanted to pop over & see how the FRP/CCS events go.
    ~Matt Clark | RTJ-02 FV #92 | My YouTube Onboard Videos (helmet cam)

21. The following members LIKED this post:

Hi, Matt:

The car will be run out of a friend’s place in Ohio, but we won’t be there until late summer or early fall.

Our goal this year is to get a National license, or for sure by Spring, and then run Majors and the Runoffs next year. But we’re wide open on alternatives and getting a lot of track time, so are being flexible on what transpires.

My first Runoffs was 50 years ago this Fall, and it’d be awesome to make that! But we have lots of time to build towards that, and are liking the slow approach in the meantime. We have a lot of work to do, in both racing and my work.

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

23. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 53

Hi, Brian:

At some point, I’d love to talk about your involvement.

Though many might not care about their marques and provenance, I actually do. I have some history with the Knapps — Jerry, Steve, and even cousin Thomas — so any info you can offer, I’m all ears!

Thanks.
    My e-Mail is Amylynnracing@yahoo. Com. We can set up a time to chat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    G. Brian Metcalf
    72 AutoD MK4
    1991 Mysterian M2
    2014 ALR73 FV/FST

25. The following members LIKED this post:

Thank You very much, Brian, I’m sending you an email.
    Last edited by E1pix; 05.16.22 at 3:55 PM. Reason: Deleted email after reading sound advice

Banned

Default Finally.....This car has a forever home !!!!!!

My pristine car is finally going to a reputable owner that will not only get it back on the track, but hopefully start a new breed of Lazers. The car was originally sold in April of 2022. The car was delivered just outside of the Mid Ohio track where it unfortunately sat dormant for almost two years. This was probably the best example of a MK2 - MK2.5 Lazer ever built. The car was delivered and sat in a garage / barn without even the buyer seeing it in person. He had aspirations of running the car that summer and going to the runoffs. Those were some high expectations for someone who never ran a VEE in competition. The end result, it was never raced, never moved and just sat and aged in the Ohio humidity. After many conversations and a little pushing, the new owner stepped up to the plate and worked out a deal with the previous buyer. The best news is that this is actually the owner of the Lazer Project. For those of you that do not know the story, The Lazer project was purchased from Larry Campbell of Campbell Motorsports. The Jigs, Molds and anything having to do with the Lazer were loaded into a trailer and transported to the new owners facility. Not very clear as to what happened next, but the trailer was stolen with everything inside. After reaching out to everyone possible, the trailer was never recovered and the metal probably sold for scrap at the local recycling yard. The jigs were rebuild-able thanks to Larry's attention to extreme detail and CAD drawings. The big issue was the body and the molds, that was a another story. Problem was, there where no Lazer bodies out there in original condition or in good enough shape to pull body molds off of. The body on my Lazer was almost in original condition with no cracks or missing pieces. They used the body work from my old car as plugs to pull molds off of. The molds were made with some modifications to the side panels over the upper side air intakes. The good news is that the car is in one piece once again and there is a great possibility of the Lazer Formula Vee Version MK-3 to resurface soon. Please welcome and encourage the new owner to move forward and manufacture these extremely slick and fast chassis's again. The old and new owners names have been left out of this post to prevent any negative responses as to how the car was originally handled. I'm sure everyone in the Vee family knows who is now the owner of the Lazer project and please welcome and encourage him into the community

Congratulations on you new purchase and good luck in the upcoming adventures Thank You For Caring For This Fine Car

Custom Lexan Dash

Five Front Sway Bars
    Spare Rear Axles
    New Rear Control Arm
    Spare Starters and Parts
    Spare Carburetor
    New Tie Rods

Asking $12000.00

Thank You

My pristine car is finally going to a reputable owner that will not only get it back on the track, but hopefully start a new breed of Lazers. The car was originally sold in April of 2022. The car was delivered just outside of the Mid Ohio track where it unfortunately sat dormant for almost two years. This was probably the best example of a MK2 - MK2.5 Lazer ever built. The car was delivered and sat in a garage / barn without even the buyer seeing it in person. He had aspirations of running the car that summer and going to the runoffs. Those were some high expectations for someone who never ran a VEE in competition. The end result, it was never raced, never moved and just sat and aged in the Ohio humidity. After many conversations and a little pushing, the new owner stepped up to the plate and worked out a deal with the previous buyer. The best news is that this is actually the owner of the Lazer Project. For those of you that do not know the story, The Lazer project was purchased from Larry Campbell of Campbell Motorsports. The Jigs, Molds and anything having to do with the Lazer were loaded into a trailer and transported to the new owners facility. Not very clear as to what happened next, but the trailer was stolen with everything inside. After reaching out to everyone possible, the trailer was never recovered and the metal probably sold for scrap at the local recycling yard. The jigs were rebuild-able thanks to Larry's attention to extreme detail and CAD drawings. The big issue was the body and the molds, that was a another story. Problem was, there where no Lazer bodies out there in original condition or in good enough shape to pull body molds off of. The body on my Lazer was almost in original condition with no cracks or missing pieces. They used the body work from my old car as plugs to pull molds off of. The molds were made with some modifications to the side panels over the upper side air intakes. The good news is that the car is in one piece once again and there is a great possibility of the Lazer Formula Vee Version MK-3 to resurface soon. Please welcome and encourage the new owner to move forward and manufacture these extremely slick and fast chassis's again. The old and new owners names have been left out of this post to prevent any negative responses as to how the car was originally handled. I'm sure everyone in the Vee family knows who is now the owner of the Lazer project and please welcome and encourage him into the community

Congratulations on you new purchase and good luck in the upcoming adventures Thank You For Caring For This Fine Car
    I absolutely cannot believe you’d have the balls and outright temerity to show up here and post what you have.

You sold us a “1997 Lazer Mk2.5” that has since appeared to not be a Mk2.5, nor a 1997. Your mistake was in sending me a lap record certificate dated “1992” and set with a “Lazer Mk2.” How could that be?

I forgot all about that, but was up front with the new owner on this. He may have never noticed as he’d never seen the record. I had only to lose by bringing that to his attention, as honorable people do. Try it, it feels right. Don’t believe me, ask him.

You invented a price war to get $1,500 more from us that I later learned from the “other bidder” was an outright lie. Then you charged $3,650 to deliver it from Phoenix to Ohio, based on more errant info, upcharges, and outright false promises.

We trusted you and paid $17,950 for a car offered at $12,000, plus an incomplete $800 data system.

Then, being gullible, I reinvented VeeTech art, at no gain to myself and to honor your brother, and tipped you $50 to buy yourself a steak!

HOW DARE YOU. You got your money, but somehow that just wasn’t enough. We bought the car to make my disabled wife feel good about life again, and this is your way to treat people?

We bought the car and were delayed running it from 6-16-22 to early October, 2022 after we blew an engine in our van — our home. The car was dry-stored in a garage, not a barn, since purchase, and we graciously and trustingly lent the body to its new owner for over 18 months to help rebuild the Lazer project — because I care about Lazer history. I knew Jerry as far back as 1975, lettered Steve’s first car at the ‘84 Runoffs, and painted cousin Thomas Knapp’s S2 title car in 1985.

You didn’t lend the body to help the project, we did — to then a total stranger.

It simply didn’t work out for a lot of reasons starting with the above, and then the stock market — as if that’s your business. So far as our lofty goals, they were certainly attainable if things hadn’t gone wrong.

The buyer is a fine young man that we’ve only tried to help — and he’s the only person we wanted it to go to.

It never ends with you, does it? You could have just let it go, as we've had to do.

How utterly childish and shameful. You embarrass the entire brotherhood.

Edit: So very interesting you suddenly call the car a “Mark 2 - 2.5.” First I’d heard that, read your own ad!
    Last edited by E1pix; 02.20.24 at 6:15 PM.

Banned

Default Welcome To Erics Pitty Party...

All I Can Say is WOW !!!!!!!

I guess You Aren't A Very Happy Person, Please DM me and I will be more than happy to discuss this in detail and clarify how your information is sooooo wrong. I can send you copies of the 1996 Homologation papers and a Breakdown of you're Purchase and Delivery Receipt (signed By Tod Tuttle) your Ohio contact and the receiver of this car. Also please read the entire thread as to where you volunteered without permission to recreate the VeeTech logos. Glad you have all this time to discredit me.

Hope You have A Great Day

Again.... Please help in Welcoming the new owner of this Lazer Mk2 with MK2.5 upgrades to the community

I absolutely cannot believe you’d have the balls and outright temerity to show up here and post what you have.

You sold us a “1997 Lazer Mk2.5” that has since appeared to not be a Mk2.5, nor a 1997. Your mistake was in sending me a lap record certificate dated “1992” and set with a “Lazer Mk2.” How could that be?

I forgot all about that, but was up front with the new owner on this. He may have never noticed as he’d never seen the record. I had only to lose by bringing that to his attention, as honorable people do. Try it, it feels right. Don’t believe me, ask him.

You invented a price war to get $1,500 more from us that I later learned from the “other bidder” was an outright lie. Then you charged $3,650 to deliver it from Phoenix to Ohio, based on more errant info, upcharges, and outright false promises.

We trusted you and paid $17,950 for a car offered at $12,000, plus an incomplete $800 data system.

Then, being gullible, I reinvented VeeTech art, at no gain to myself and to honor your brother, and tipped you $50 to buy yourself a steak!

HOW DARE YOU. You got your money, but somehow that just wasn’t enough. We bought the car to make my disabled wife feel good about life again, and this is your way to treat people?

We bought the car and were delayed running it from 6-16-22 to early October, 2022 after we blew an engine in our van — our home. The car was dry-stored in a garage, not a barn, since purchase, and we graciously and trustingly lent the body to its new owner for over 18 months to help rebuild the Lazer project — because I care about Lazer history. I knew Jerry as far back as 1975, lettered Steve’s first car at the ‘84 Runoffs, and painted cousin Thomas Knapp’s S2 title car in 1985.

You didn’t lend the body to help the project, we did — to then a total stranger.

It simply didn’t work out for a lot of reasons starting with the above, and then the stock market — as if that’s your business. So far as our lofty goals, they were certainly attainable if things hadn’t gone wrong.

The buyer is a fine young man that we’ve only tried to help — and he’s the only person we wanted it to go to.

It never ends with you, does it? You could have just let it go, as we've had to do.

How utterly childish and shameful. You embarrass the entire brotherhood.

Edit: So very interesting you suddenly call the car a “Mark 2 - 2.5.” First I’d heard that, read your own ad!

I replied to your comments above. Who wouldn’t?

We were straight with you. We read the papers. It’s a Mk2, not a 2.5, news to us all.

Cut the character crap.

It’s not up to you to announce Lazer’s future, there was a thread planned for that — on another’s schedule.

All I Can Say is WOW !!!!!!!

I guess You Aren't A Very Happy Person, Please DM me and I will be more than happy to discuss this in detail and clarify how your information is sooooo wrong. I can send you copies of the 1996 Homologation papers and a Breakdown of you're Purchase and Delivery Receipt (signed By Tod Tuttle) your Ohio contact and the receiver of this car. Also please read the entire thread as to where you volunteered without permission to recreate the VeeTech logos. Glad you have all this time to discredit me.

Hope You have A Great Day

Again.... Please help in Welcoming the new owner of this Lazer Mk2 with MK2.5 upgrades to the community

Liked: 91

Default Why

I'm sure the new owner must be thrilled to bring him up in a post just bashing some guy who previously bought your car, on a 2 year old post where both parties are easily identifiable. Class act.

32. The following 3 users liked this post:

Thread Information