Liked: 105

Default R Factor 2 tech help

Does anyone know how to contact RF2 tech support? I bought and set up a brand new simulator, chair screen, foot pedals, wheel, etc. 2 years ago. Used it alot for a year and it worked great. I just recently decided to start using it again but it has a tech glitch and will not work. It starts up normally and the car races across the paddock on its own, goes down pit lane and then dies! I have checked the calibrations on the controls and all normal. It has factory game defaults because when I started using it again it had all new software with fresh graphics so all my custom settings are gone. I rebooted my computer and then removed and reloaded the software. No difference!

Any ideas would be welcome!! It is becoming an expensive dust collector!
    Hartley MacDonald
    2006 Van Dieman RF06

Contributing Member
    Liked: 26

Did you check the Steam Community? I'd also just do a web search, there are a number of racing sim forums. I can't name them for you but I've found solutions this way in the past. RF2 had a major new release in December of January, that may be causing some issues.

Liked: 14

Can you look up the firmware for your pedals and wheel? Maybe the firmware needs to be reloaded. Probably get the firmware from the vendors website, such as fanatec, for example.

The reason that I feel it’s the firmware, is the fact that it seems to be getting signals of accelerating, braking, etc. to self drive, which is an indication of the controls acting up, versus the game itself. The game is just responding to the input from the controls. Just a thought.

Thread Information