Thread: Stohr WF1

Liked: 4

For Sale Stohr WF1

Stohr WF-1, chassis #009, Re-”Stohred” in 2011 by Kevin Mitz, including a complete frame check and gussets added for strength, new rod ends, the addition of a custom side-fill fuel neck and much more. Circumstances have only allowed a few track days the last 3 years.
    History: Tim Micklos/Chuck Bona /Paul Drula.
    07-08 Suzuki GSXR 1000, George Dean prepped engine, mild build w/ Carillo rods and JE pistons, stock cams (made 195 hp on his dyno). One race and several track days since refresh.

Aim MyChron 3 data Logger w/ CDS-GPS 2.
    Trick Shifter paddle shift system with no lift up-shifts and auto blip down-shifts, air bottle pressurized air system.
    Schroth Formula Harness/belts good through 2024. Custom poured and covered bead seat (I’m 5’11” and 185lbs) with Fabricated covered head surround.
    Dauntless rear wing package. (Original Stohr Bi-plane wing and bracket available at additional cost).
    2 sets of Jongbloed center lock wheels (9” fronts and 10” rears) including set on car, both sets with 4 heat cycle Hoosier R35, 1 set BBS wheels with Rains.
    Wilwood brakes, 4 piston all 4 corners
    Williams differential. (One race and several track days since refresh)
    Spare DID 530 gold chain and master links. Gear sets front and rear. Extra set of springs. Front and rear quick jacks. Folding car stands. Wired for radios.

Cosmetic issues: The car still looks really good but could use a repaint in due time, particularly, the rear deck where the paint bubbled as a result of a wiring harness fire.
    Miscellaneous bolts, nuts, Dzus fasteners, rub blocks, etc. and other associated hardware spares kit.
    Book binder of various pertinent information, log book, receipts, etc.
    Car is located in Maryland.

Since I have owned the car, I have realized a Regional Championship in the Mid-Atlantic region, and a Northeast division Championship, with several track records along the way.
    NEW PRICE $35,000

Paul Drula (240)508-7971 or email at padru11@gmail.com

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by padru11; 05.20.22 at 1:42 PM.

2. The following 4 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

Sir, you loved this car.

Quote Originally Posted by padru11 View Post
    Stohr WF-1, chassis #009, Re-”Stohred” in 2011 by Kevin Mitz, including a complete frame check and gussets added for strength, new rod ends, the addition of a custom side-fill fuel neck and much more. Circumstances have only allowed a few track days the last 3 years.
    History: Tim Micklos/Chuck Bona /Paul Drula.
    07-08 Suzuki GSXR 1000, George Dean prepped engine, mild build w/ Carillo rods and JE pistons, stock cams (made 195 hp on his dyno). One race and several track days since refresh.

Aim MyChron 3 data Logger w/ CDS-GPS 2.
    Trick Shifter paddle shift system with no lift up-shifts and auto blip down-shifts, air bottle pressurized air system.
    Schroth Formula Harness/belts good through 2024. Custom poured and covered bead seat (I’m 5’11” and 185lbs) with Fabricated covered head surround.
    Dauntless rear wing package. (Original Stohr Bi-plane wing and bracket available at additional cost).
    2 sets of Jongbloed center lock wheels (9” fronts and 10” rears) including set on car, both sets with 4 heat cycle Hoosier R35, 1 set BBS wheels with Rains.
    Wilwood brakes, 4 piston all 4 corners
    Williams differential. (One race and several track days since refresh)
    Spare DID 530 gold chain and master links. Gear sets front and rear. Extra set of springs. Front and rear quick jacks. Folding car stands. Wired for radios.

Cosmetic issues: The car still looks really good but could use a repaint in due time, particularly, the rear deck where the paint bubbled as a result of a wiring harness fire.
    Miscellaneous bolts, nuts, Dzus fasteners, rub blocks, etc. and other associated hardware spares kit.
    Book binder of various pertinent information, log book, receipts, etc.
    Car is located in Maryland.

Since I have owned the car, I have realized a Regional Championship in the Mid-Atlantic region, and a Northeast division Championship, with several track records along the way.
    $45,000

Paul Drula (240)508-7971 or email at padru11@gmail.com

V/r

Iverson

Paul;

May I ask what is covering the fore and aft sides of your radiators?
    V/r

Iverson

Liked: 285

That's nomex honeycomb, used as a flow straightener, and fin saver!
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by David Ferguson View Post
    That's nomex honeycomb, used as a flow straightener, and fin saver!
    Dave;

Vendor sources, please?
    • Presumably, it is it applicable to any class;
    • How is it attached, as I see hardware going through the radiator;
    • Are both sides necessary, or can the leading edge solely be fitted.
    V/r

Iverson

Liked: 285

Default Here's what Google found.

https://www.google.com/search?client...tion+honeycomb

I think it's attached similar to how radiator fans are attached, a plastic tie that goes though the fins. Example of a mounting kit from Summit Racing:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaf-all30085

Both sides are used on the Stohr, since the rear-wheels can kick debris forward.
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Late Braking Member
    Liked: 217

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Iverson View Post
    Dave;

Vendor sources, please?
    • Presumably, it is it applicable to any class;
    • How is it attached, as I see hardware going through the radiator;
    • Are both sides necessary, or can the leading edge solely be fitted.
    Rick,

David's a good Goggler.
    I use it on my Swift DB2, cut it for a tight fit in front of the radiator and used hot melt glue from the back to attach it to the fiberglass. I bought it from Speedway Motors awhile back but they're out of stock. DeWitt's looks like they have stock.
    I've heard from other that it does slow down the air flow so if your cooling system is already marginal you may not want to use it.

Steve

New Price: $39,900
    Last edited by padru11; 05.20.22 at 1:50 PM.

New Price: $35,000

Liked: 0

Default Availability?

Is it still available? Please call me if so 570-760-1396

Sold!

Thread Information