Liked: 68

Wanted To Buy Wanted: Koni 3012-1612 Shock(s)

Not actually in a formula car, but we found a bent shaft on one shock on a GT1 restoration. Looking for one, or a pair would be better. Please check you spares! Doesn't need to be "complete" (bearings/top/collars) as I have those, but still holding pressure please. Stiffer calibration (B83 / B53) is a bonus. Located in Columbus, OH, 43214 so will need shipped, or can pick up within a few hours of central Ohio possibly (depending on direction due to some travel for work)
    Craig Butt

Liked: 270

I have a pair of 3012-1610 in the B53 valving, in the Detroit area, if that's close enough in size - complete with bearings, top collars etc. Can send pics.

Also have a pair of 3012-1624, but B26 valving, and I'd imagine they're too far off your intended size.

Dyno sheets available from a few years back (2018) just before I stopped running them (switched up to Ohlins).

Price? I guess, something adequate to get 'em out of my garage... Not too far up the road from you, or could be shipped.
    Vaughan Scott
    #77 ITB/HP Porsche 924
    #25 Hidari Firefly P2
    http://www.vaughanscott.com

Yea, the 1624's won't be close enough, but may be able to use the 1610's. PM coming your way...
    Craig Butt

Liked: 229

I have 5
    koni 8212-1133b

kind of throwing it out

Quote Originally Posted by Pi_guy View Post
    I have 5
    koni 8212-1133b

kind of throwing it out
    PM sent
    Craig Butt

Reviving this old thread as we have discovered an issue with a shock at the "other" end of the car. Before I send these out for rebuild, one last call for anyone with a pair sitting on the shelf after you upgraded? Whether or not mine get rebuilt right away, having a good pair of spares on hand would be nice.

Koni 3012, these are actuall "1610", anything "1608" - "1616" could work (I subbed a pair of 1610's for the 1612's on the rear and could move them to the front). Calibrations of B23 / B53 / B83 will work, B53 preferred.

Thanks!
    Craig Butt

Liked: 270

Edit - NVM, already gone... maybe I'm not quite as bad at clearing out the garage as I thought...
    Vaughan Scott
    #77 ITB/HP Porsche 924
    #25 Hidari Firefly P2
    http://www.vaughanscott.com

Quote Originally Posted by 924RACR View Post
    Edit - NVM, already gone... maybe I'm not quite as bad at clearing out the garage as I thought...
    Well, I have your old pair on the rear - still working great!
    Craig Butt

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 322

I may have an old single shock in my parts bin, I will look tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig71188 View Post
    Reviving this old thread as we have discovered an issue with a shock at the "other" end of the car. Before I send these out for rebuild, one last call for anyone with a pair sitting on the shelf after you upgraded? Whether or not mine get rebuilt right away, having a good pair of spares on hand would be nice.

Koni 3012, these are actuall "1610", anything "1608" - "1616" could work (I subbed a pair of 1610's for the 1612's on the rear and could move them to the front). Calibrations of B23 / B53 / B83 will work, B53 preferred.

Thanks!

just looked, I have a single 3012-1614 that is marked on the top cap as “BA84” and a second stamping near the bottom bearing eye as “BA73 506”

not sure if that will work for you or not..
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by scorp997 View Post
    I may have an old single shock in my parts bin, I will look tonight.

just looked, I have a single 3012-1614 that is marked on the top cap as “BA84” and a second stamping near the bottom bearing eye as “BA73 506”

not sure if that will work for you or not..
    PM Sent, thanks.
    Craig Butt

Thread Information