Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

Default Engine Shipping Shoutout

Gents;

I have shipped three (3) engines with this company, and they are fast, reliable and VERY reasonable.

The company is Engines Direct Freight LLC, and the POC is Steve Ricehouse (800.998.2100). They are a third party who locates freight terminals that serves your area, solicits bids, and provides you the best quote.

Upon agreement, Steve sends you a bill of lading, and arranges the pick-up. As a matter of fact, I called him yesterday, and he gave me an immediate quote. Upon agreement, he sent me a BOL, and informed me the carrier would pick up the pallet today. At 1400 hrs, it was on the truck, enroute to Houston.

The Fella that bought this engine agreed to pick it up at Houston terminal. That saved him $85.00 ($50 residential, $35 for the lift gate). All in all, $330 picked up at my house. Had I had access to a business loading dock, another $85 would have been deducted for a total of $245.

The engine was completely disassembled and packed into two (2) 27 gallon tubs (Home Depot), lashed to a 48”x32” pallet (but the standard 48”x48” would have been the same price).

Steve is most pleasant, efficient, and will meet your needs - whatever it takes. Give them a shot at your next engine shipmment.
    V/r

Iverson

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 26

Default Engine shipping

I've shipped quite a few engines and found AAACooper the cheapest. John

Liked: 30

If you live within easy access the ship to terminal option removing the residential delivery is significantly cheaper in my experience. The ease of using a third party to arrange has benefits for many that are too busy, but I find YRC Freight consistently the cheapest and super easy to arrange shipping and pickup through.

I have a V8 Cleveland rebuild en route from Houston to Reno, picked up at the engine builders all in shipping cost $189. Last month I shipped two transaxles from Cleveland, OH to Reno for $160, the seller had received a quote that was in excess of $1k!

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 16

Default Engine Shipping

To add to the thread, another company I use is a broker called Freightquote by CH Robinson.Midwest based with national coverage. Rates are reasonable and if you do terminal drop off and pickup it all helps . Sent many engines from SF Bay area to Portland. Good service and easy to deal with. YRC and Roadrunner are local here.
    Graham

Thread Information