Liked: 0

Post Another "What Is It?" ????

Newbie here. I'm learning a lot but admit I have a long way to go. I bought this formula vee chassis under the label and logbook of a Lynx B. Fred Clark says otherwise and a past owner, who's name is in the logbook says he doesn't recognize the chassis. I've asked on a handful of FB groups focused on FV to little avail. Hopefully someone on Apexspeed can point me in the right direction. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this chassis goes to? Thanks in advance!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cAg...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eJe...w?usp=drivesdk

Liked: 837

Doesn't go with that logbook.
    Have you looked for a ROLL BAR number on it? Should be a xx-xxxx type number, generally stamped into the roll bar just below the upper roll bar brace. The first 2 (or 3) digits will be the SCCA REGION of the initial issuer of the logbook - the last 3 or 4 digits are just a sequential number as logbooks are issued for various cars. A 'sly devil' *MIGHT* have stamped that frame with the number matching the log book.. but maybe not?

Getting the first 2 will give you an IDEA of where in the country it might have been built.

Steve, FV80
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Liked: 190

Just a guess, looks like an Adams Aero chassis (built in Michigan)
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 113

Default FVee Frame

It doesn't look familiar to me, but I'll forward it to Jon. Maybe it is a VERY early Adams, but not how I remember them. Looks like it is "Missing" some bars...
    Chris Robson
    Accelerated Performance Coaching
    http://APCDriving.com

Thanks Steve, I'll take a close look at that area of the rollbar when I'm out there again.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    Doesn't go with that logbook.
    Have you looked for a ROLL BAR number on it? Should be a xx-xxxx type number, generally stamped into the roll bar just below the upper roll bar brace. The first 2 (or 3) digits will be the SCCA REGION of the initial issuer of the logbook - the last 3 or 4 digits are just a sequential number as logbooks are issued for various cars. A 'sly devil' *MIGHT* have stamped that frame with the number matching the log book.. but maybe not?

Getting the first 2 will give you an IDEA of where in the country it might have been built.

Steve, FV80

Thanks for the idea Bill. I can see some resemblance in the bracing. All of the Adams cars I saw had a different narrow front of the chassis, where it attaches to the front beam. Chris, if you could bounce the idea off of John Adams that would be fantastic. Would love to know where this chassis came from. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Robson View Post
    It doesn't look familiar to me, but I'll forward it to Jon. Maybe it is a VERY early Adams, but not how I remember them. Looks like it is "Missing" some bars...

Liked: 190

Geez I gotta look a little more before I start typing...

Absolutely too wide at the front.
    Looked closer and spotted the steering bell crank mounts.

I'm now changing my vote to another one of Detroit's finest

Predator P-3 (?) made by Zan Smith in Colorado and eventually made by Danny Wise and Andres Serrano in Michigan.

Last edited by Bill Bonow; 01.19.22 at 9:02 PM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

8. The following members LIKED this post:

BLS

Liked: 837

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bonow View Post
    Geez I gotta look a little more before I start typing...
    Absolutely to wide at the front.
    Looked closer and spotted the steering bell crank mounts.

I'm now changing my vote to another one of Detroit's finest
    Predator P-3 (?) eventually made by Danny Wise and Andres Serrano
    If that's the case, then Dave (AMDAS) should be able to verify - that would be like the car that Alex drove at the Indy Runoffs - wouldn't it? Formerly owned and driven by Peter Pires... not to mention 'handsome Dave' Smith...
    Didn't know it had bell crank steering, but never really looked INSIDE the cockpit nor paid any attention to the tie rod arrangement - but I do recall Peter as .. TALL. (of course, who isn't compared to me?)

Steve, FV80
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Liked: 8

It is definitely without a doubt not an Adams Aero

Thread Information