Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 10

Default P1 compliance for an older CSR

I have a Beasley that was run in CSR for years, and now I would like to enter it as
    a P1. The question for me is why do the rules apparently not permit this because
    the car has 12a power? The power is specified as 13B for P1, and I cannot understand
    why my car would be disallowed with a very similar motor, and no injection. I have
    alot of aero parts that I can use running the car as a P1, and so this is the reason I
    would like to do so. Changing from my 12A to a 13B is not really within what I consider
    to be reasonable, since the car ran for years in CSR.

Regards,
    and Happy New Year!
    Guil

Liked: 281

Write the CRB and request that the 12A be added to P1 or your choice is P2

Liked: 984

Default Rule Inquiry

Quote Originally Posted by gtwiss View Post
    I have a Beasley that was run in CSR for years, and now I would like to enter it as
    a P1. The question for me is why do the rules apparently not permit this because
    the car has 12a power? The power is specified as 13B for P1, and I cannot understand
    why my car would be disallowed with a very similar motor, and no injection. I have
    alot of aero parts that I can use running the car as a P1, and so this is the reason I
    would like to do so. Changing from my 12A to a 13B is not really within what I consider
    to be reasonable, since the car ran for years in CSR.

Regards,
    and Happy New Year!
    Guil

Send your request to: http://www.clubracingboard.com/ and the FSRAC will get right on it.

Liked: 83

Default Older Car for P1

Guil,
    As the others have said the best course is through the CRB letter log system, however if you would like to discuss the options if you PM me we can exchange phone numbers and I would be happy to discuss and make suggestions for your letter.

David Arken
    CRB Liaison to Formula Sport Racing Advisory Committer (FSRAC)

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 49

Default 12a

Good luck as you will not be competitive at all with this motor, even if you switched to 13b you need an s.i.r , rotary powered cars get screwed ask me how and why I know. You would not be competitive with that 12a in p2 either. Ask yourself why there are no more rotaries in sports racing. Even the great Jim downing was uncompetitive with the top o line 13b. Go vintage don't waste time or money

Liked: 83

Default What would it need

Just asking for a friend....
    Tige00, if you could what would you do to the 12A and 13B respectively in P1?

The 12A was removed from the P1 engine table in 2018 because it was by all records an unused engine in P1. A frequent complaint of the SCCA rule set is too complicated and too many choices, thus the removal of unused engine table lines.
    Admittedly data has not been collected on the 13B for some time because it is not being run at Major races where data is being collected. The last time data was collected the platform's acceleration as compared to the other engines sampled was not an underdog. Since that acceleration performance has remained largely unchanged over time that engine in a well developed chassis should be as competitive as any other. As always it needs to be pointed out that P1/P2 completeness is a function of design and development of the car/chassis and under developed cars will struggle to keep up. P1 is after all the most open class in SCCA racing and the choice to compete there means a constant and unending development program and the use of the latest technologies. P2 on the other hand offers many areas to be creative and use innovative designs, it does also mean that cars will be under constant development but at a much slower pace that P1.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 10

What drew me to the sports racing category was not that there was one make/engine combination
    that was making the field look like a spec class. When I attended races, before getting my license, I was always wondering what DIFFERENT cars would be out there in the sports racing class, having a go. I personally prefer automobile based power, and a traditional transaxle. My choice reflects that, and has proven to be a fun ride with plenty of potential to be competitive.

In my opinion, it is inevitable that the rule book will be massive because of the wide variety of cars that race with SCCA. This will never change, so people who race with the club just deal with it. The wide variety of cars is actually what makes the racing pretty
    interesting and cool. Although I plan to vintage race one day, for now, going out and ringing the neck of my
    old rotary powered Beasley B2 is the plan.

I understand that the Balance of Power is essential(IMSA proved it), and that the benchmark is a bike motor(with F1 tech inside), but we should attempt not to obsolete any viable powerplant from the class. The fastest guys never want to
    be detuned(which I understand), but diversity in this class is important(IMHO), and the door to use alternate power and be competitive,(at least using the balance of power formula) should be left open. I am under no illusions that even matched evenly
    with the BOP formula, my "vintage" RT4 based car will beat the state of the art P1 cars running at the pointy end of the grid.

I do not consider spending money and time on a car that is not a podium contender for a national championship, a waste of time.
    I love racing and after all, the thrill is in the chase.......I will likely be chasing in the B2, but I will damn sure have fun doing it!

Cheers!
    I am leaving the rabbit hole now!!!
    Guil

10. The following 3 users liked this post:

Thread Information