Liked: 75

Default New sponsor added for final Event

Round One Coming Soon and Wilwood Brakes Final Sponsor for F2000 series

Dec.4, 2021 - The PrimusRacingParts.com Mini tour is fast approaching and we are gaining new entries each day and expect a full field for Round one at Sebring for the Quartermaster classic Jan.14-16. We are very happy with the response of the new type 3 event format but we must have all the entries possible to make it a success and to keep sponsors happy. So if there is any chance of drivers making the first event of 3, please do whatever is possible to make the trip.

There are also many prizes on the line which are paid out at the final event at the Wilwood Brakes GP of VIR in April . All three events are run in conjunction with Hoosier super tour weekends so it will be a great atmosphere. We encourage all years of cars to attend races because there are prizes for each level of cars. We are proud to announce that the final weekend of the series will be sponsored by Wilwood brakes. They are quickly becoming the top supplier of aluminum calipers for all types of formula cars. They have produced quality products that people everywhere are abandoning the heavy steel calipers to convert to the technically advance lightweight aluminum calipers. Wilwood is also producing some of the top Brake pad compounds and they are second to none in brake pads market.

Please make plans to attend first event at historic Sebring International Raceway and you will not be disappointed. Hoosier spec tires can be ordered through Appalachian race tires. Any further questions contact Brad Baytos at Primus Parts.

Round One: Quartermaster Classic Sebring Jan 14-16
    Round Two: Aero Straight Race Mirrors GP of Atlanta March 11-13
    Round Three: Wilwood Brakes GP of VIR April 8-10

Prize Fund
    $150 registration fee to be eligible for these prizes

1st place (choice of one) $2150
    • Van Diemen Spares Package (valued at $2100)
    • (1) set of OZ F2000 mag wheels (valued at $2150)
    • Aim Evo4s and R3 wheel (valued at $2199)

2nd place (receives all 3 prizes) $1500
    • SPA fire system ($575), carbon Aero Straight race mirrors ($360), Quartermaster clutch ($565)

3rd place $1045
    • Aero Straight carbon mirrors ($360), Quartermaster clutch ($565), PrP quick-disconnect x 2 $120

4th place $650
    • PRP front wing element

5th place $593.00
    • Wilwood calipers ($219 each), 1 box Wilwood pads ($155)

6th place $565.00
    • Quartermaster Clutch ($565)

7th place $479
    • Aero Straight carbon mirrors ($360), and Quartermaster clutch disc ($119)

8th place $404
    • Driven race oil case ($225), Quartermaster clutch disc ($119.00), PRP brake quick-disconnect $59.95

9th place $391
    • Driveline package: 1 aluminum tripod housing ($199), tripod ($92), 2 x tripod boot ($100)

10th place $300
    • Brake fittings and line package: stainless fittings & 24' braided line

Highest placed Pinto-powered car in final points:
    • Driveline package $927
      • 1- drilled driveshaft ($245)
      • 2- aluminum tripod housing x 2 ($398)
      • 2- tripod joint GKN ($184)
      • 2- tripod boot ($100)

Primus Racing Parts
    9737 Ocean Hwy
    Pawleys Island, South Carolina 29585
    Email: sales@primusracingparts.com
    Cell & Text: 727-804-7417
    Office Phone: 843-314-0709

Attached Images Attached Images

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

The MSR entry list is confusing. Is FC running "Big Bore" OW or "Small Bore" OW?
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
    The MSR entry list is confusing. Is FC running "Big Bore" OW or "Small Bore" OW?

I am reaching out to bob wright what to do on this. Basically the Mazda powered cars will not receive Scca points but they will receive points in my series

Liked: 597

Default It's probably a typo - think FC Group 1 - that's my guess

The Supps/Schedule list FC in with small bore open wheel (Group 1) and when registering as FC the entry at MSR ends up under small bore open wheel .....
    but when one looks at the headings for the groups as Classes then for big bore open wheel FC appears there...so.....

the msr cars will be running on the spec tire this coming year and the restrictors are correct. now MZR cars wont get scca points but they will get primus points

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Quote Originally Posted by EYERACE View Post
    The Supps/Schedule list FC in with small bore open wheel (Group 1) and when registering as FC the entry at MSR ends up under small bore open wheel .....
    but when one looks at the headings for the groups as Classes then for big bore open wheel FC appears there...so.....
    Yes, that was my question.
    i assume it is a typo,
    FC and FV racing together (as shown on the MSR entry list) is very dangerous.
    Last edited by problemchild; 12.06.21 at 8:23 AM.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 830

Yes, that was my question.
    i assume it is a typo,
    FC and FV racing together (as shown on the MSR entry list) is very dangerous.
    As proven 'eloquently' at Indy Runoffs test day.
    HOWEVER, several regions continue to do it anyway (right now, both Homestead and Sebring). It's the Region's call, the result is a DROP in entries in the other 3 classes if many FC's show up. For my money, about 5, maybe 6 FC's is the limit. Any more than that makes it too dangerous for the remaining classes. Regions have seemly no concern about the danger.. they only want to balance the 2 open wheel groups numbers. But the closing rates are truly obscene .. especially for FV. "CLEAR MIRRORS' means NOTHING in many turns. An FV simply cannot see/react in time if an FC decides to attempt a 'late' pass. Probably doesn't SEEM like 'late' to the passing car, but it certainly IS for the FV driver.

I have submitted my LETTER to the CRB. If the closing rate bother you too.. please do the same.
    FC/FX/FE2 drivers .. try to imagine your self going into a turn 40 MPH slower than normal with NO BRAKES on at least 2 of your wheels. What happens when a pack of 3 FC/FX/FE2's come up on you half way down the hill at Atlanta T10?... say about the 250 mark When you're at the 150?

Steve, FV80
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 597

Default .

Well, it would appear the 'typo' has been corrected. I was at MSR a minute ago (late afternoon Dec. 10) and FC now no longer appears with "Big Bore Wings".... so it's Group 1 along with FF, F500 & FV. I submit for everyone's consideration that FV and who knows who... will ask for, and it's OK with me (like anybody cares about that), a split start............because when a yet to be determined number of FC go angrily into turns 1 or 3 and crash (hopefully not) like a demolition derby......then the FV and who knows who will be untouched.

This written by a person who knows first hand, after getting all 4 corners torn off of my FF at the start.....along with MANY others who wrecked out, of the debacle years ago at the Sebring January National when the Green flew and about 8 cars actually stacked up on top of each other as about 25 cars wrecked at Start/Finish because someone went sideways but unfortunately in between two other cars at that same moment

I doubt a letter to CRB will change the Jan. 2021 Grouping
    Last edited by EYERACE; 12.10.21 at 6:19 PM.

Liked: 105

Default 9 FCs and 4 FX cars at Sebring

QUOTE=EYERACE;633699]Well, it would appear the 'typo' has been corrected. I was at MSR a minute ago (late afternoon Dec. 10) and FC now no longer appears with "Big Bore Wings".... so it's Group 1 along with FF, F500 & FV. I submit for everyone's consideration that FV and who knows who... will ask for, and it's OK with me (like anybody cares about that), a split start............because when a yet to be determined number of FC go angrily into turns 1 or 3 and crash (hopefully not) like a demolition derby......then the FV and who knows who will be untouched.

This written by a person who knows first hand, after getting all 4 corners torn off of my FF at the start.....along with MANY others who wrecked out, of the debacle years ago at the Sebring January National when the Green flew and about 8 cars actually stacked up on top of each other as about 25 cars wrecked at Start/Finish because someone went sideways but unfortunately in between two other cars at that same moment

I doubt a letter to CRB will change the Jan. 2021 Grouping[/QUOTE]

End Quote.

So I guess Brad has a plan to convince SCCA that it would be a lot more fun if the FCs can play nicely with the FXs or even just the MZR cars? The MZR cars ran this year (Jan 2021) with the FCs and it was a blast.

Brad do you think it is possible to get this done before hand to minimize confusion at the track?
    Last edited by Hartley; 12.11.21 at 3:37 PM.
    Hartley MacDonald
    2006 Van Dieman RF06

Liked: 105

Default Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    As proven 'eloquently' at Indy Runoffs test day.
    HOWEVER, several regions continue to do it anyway (right now, both Homestead and Sebring). It's the Region's call, the result is a DROP in entries in the other 3 classes if many FC's show up. For my money, about 5, maybe 6 FC's is the limit. Any more than that makes it too dangerous for the remaining classes. Regions have seemly no concern about the danger.. they only want to balance the 2 open wheel groups numbers. But the closing rates are truly obscene .. especially for FV. "CLEAR MIRRORS' means NOTHING in many turns. An FV simply cannot see/react in time if an FC decides to attempt a 'late' pass. Probably doesn't SEEM like 'late' to the passing car, but it certainly IS for the FV driver.

I have submitted my LETTER to the CRB. If the closing rate bother you too.. please do the same.
    FC/FX/FE2 drivers .. try to imagine your self going into a turn 40 MPH slower than normal with NO BRAKES on at least 2 of your wheels. What happens when a pack of 3 FC/FX/FE2's come up on you half way down the hill at Atlanta T10?... say about the 250 mark When you're at the 150?

Steve, FV80
    Not sure what the letter to the BOD achieves? You could get run over in either open wheel run group. A split start ups the ante and you get lapped 2 or 3 times instead of once or twice. Never could figure that one out?! Is this not the crux of the whole SCCA alphabet class soup conundrum?
    Hartley MacDonald
    2006 Van Dieman RF06

Liked: 830

The MSR entry as of about 2 minutes ago still shows FC grouped with FV.. Assuming it stays that way (13FC with 8 FV) or worse, I'm 90% certain that there will be at least 1 less vee for the FC crowd to contend with.

In my letter, I asked the CRB to consider ELIMINATING FC from the 'Small bore OW' group if either the FC or FV entry count was higher than 6. The answer I got (amazingly I did get an answer - relatively quickly) was that they CAN'T do anything like that because there are other parts of the country where almost NO OW cars show up. (That's why I suggested a NUMBER OF ENTRIES limit too in my letter).

At this point in the game, I'm confident that nothing in going to change... except MY ENTRY. At Homestead the numbers look right on the borderline of being acceptable. I commend Brad's efforts to get more FCs on track.. just don't think I can live with them in MY group. I'm just too slow.

Steve, FV80
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Thread Information