Thread: Carbir FB

Liked: 9

For Sale Carbir FB

I purchased John Howarth's Carbir F1000 last year but have changed directions with my racing plans for 2022. This car is truly immaculate in my opinion, and John's attention to detail during construction will make it easy for any newcomer to open-wheel racing to adapt. It has not been driven since I purchased it in December 2020.

sold: as I have added some nice things to go with the car since the original purchase. 2009 GSXR-1000 engine is currently out of the car to have leaky dry sump pan fixed. Please email wagnerov at yahoo dot com for details, or PM me here.

Details of the car are the same as the thread below, except that I have more parts and things to go with it:

• New Flatshifter Max paddle shifting system (not installed, manuals included)
    • Gyrodynamics diffuser (not installed)
    • Gyrodynamics rear endplates
    • Rolling 18" height car stand for shop work (worked great with HF hoist)
    • BG Racing 7" stands
    • Pair of new Hoosier H2O rear tires
    • Used full set of Hoosier H20 tires
    • ancient quickjack
    • extra starter

Original ad with pictures: https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...ir-FB-for-Sale

Original text from John's ad still applies:

• Exhaust is a custom 4 into 2 into 1 stainless system by Kevin Mitz
    • Exterior fuel fill, so you don’t have the take the car to pieces and risk filling the car with gas when you fuel up.
    • Includes MXL Pista Dash,
    • Belts good to 2023
    • Pedal mounts from a piper so you can unbolt the mount and move the whole unit forward
    • Full plumbed in Fuel injection system, in tank pump, pressure sensor to the Pista
    • Has SCCA logbook as an FC and ICSCC logbook as FBX.

Extensive spares including:

• 2 Core motors (one is missing a clutch basket) the clutch wrench I should have bought is included
    • Spare dry sump pan and pump
    • Spare injectors
    • Spare starters and water pumps
    • Engine tools
    • Engine: Gasket set, Gear nuts, valve shim set other parts as well.
    • Gears front 14, 15, 16 (I think the 17 is in the car)
    • Gears Rear 41, 42, qty 3 44, qty 2 45, 47,48 (not sure what is in the car)
    • 1 sets xtra wheels (2 total sets), and a set of pit wheels
    • Spare nose
    • Spare front wing and winglets
    • Spare rear wing (upper, lower and end plates)
    • Spare radiator
    • Spare rear suspension (front is available from Carbir)

Last edited by Cameron Wagner; 01.17.22 at 5:25 PM.
    -----------------------
    Carbir DS3 FB #09

Liked: 4

I sent a message. Available? Thanks

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Oil leak fixed and engine going back into car. This car wants to be on track next year so no reasonable offer refused.
    -----------------------
    Carbir DS3 FB #09

sold

I don't have time to finish putting the engine back in the car and I need space in the garage to prepare my other car properly for the upcoming season. So that makes this Carbir a "project" that simply needs assembly. The only thing that would need to be fabricated for track action is a seat; everything else is there.
    Last edited by Cameron Wagner; 01.17.22 at 5:25 PM.
    -----------------------
    Carbir DS3 FB #09

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 109

Default Oh No!

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Wagner View Post
    price drop to $13500 for everything.

I don't have time to finish putting the engine back in the car and I need space in the garage to prepare my other car properly for the upcoming season. So that makes this Carbir a "project" that simply needs assembly. The only thing that would need to be fabricated for track action is a seat; everything else is there.
    Someone buy this before I get myself in trouble! With moving to CO, trying to buy a new toter, and just a few weeks to vacate our current house I dont need more complications!

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 6

is this still available? pmd you!

Thread Information