Liked: 22

Default Bell Helmet Lining Repair

My SA 2015 Bell Helmet lining has come "undone" around the eye port. Reattachment looks not quite straightforward so thought I might enlist a pro. I assume this is not a world first so I asked Bell for suggestions. Got " we don't touch SA2015 helmet linings" (they do reline so apparently that's only SA2020 which must be a pretty small market) and "Bell is the only authorized re-liner" so SOL!

Anyone know a reputable repair person - the folks painting helmets must encounter this problems?

Thanks!

Liked: 3279

When I installed radio stuff in my Simpson and had to detach some of the padding & liner, I used "hot-glue" from a cheap hot glue gun to reattach it. It has stayed perfectly attached for the last 7+ years. That would likely work for your Bell.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

Call the bell store in Indy. I was asking them about what they do with 2015 helmets (any that's aging out) and they tear them down for parts. so they are getting serviced. The Indy store re-lined one for a guy at the runoffs.

Liked: 3279

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Kirchner View Post
    Call the bell store in Indy. I was asking them about what they do with 2015 helmets (any that's aging out) and they tear them down for parts. so they are getting serviced. The Indy store re-lined one for a guy at the runoffs.
    2015 helmets are still legal until 2026. 2010 helmets are not legal next year.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Thread Information