Liked: 303

Default FRP Alumni Wins Walter Hayes Trophy!

I would like to acknowledge that Max Esterson just won the Walter Hayes Trophy today!

Max was selected this year as one of the Team USA Scholarship winners, after being a 2020 FRP alumni, Iracing superstar, and finishing 3rd in the 2021 British Formula Ford Championship.

Only 4 American's have won the Walter Hayes Trophy to date, and last week Max placed 2nd in the Festival. Max has a bright future in motorsport, and showed that American driver's are among the best in the world.

Thanks for representing us well Max!

https://racer.com/2021/11/07/esterso...a-scholarship/

2. The following 9 users liked this post:

Liked: 30

I was at both the Festival and Walter Hayes and both were stacked with exceptional talent, with the largest entry at the Festival since 1993 and both events boasting over 100 drivers including ex F1 drivers, former and current FFord champions, multiple previous Walter Hayes and festival winners.
    Max drove phenomenally at both events and his team at Low Dempsey were exceptional too, full credit to both team and driver. very deserved victory yesterday!! he had been quick from the test day on Wednesday ... I had my watch on him all 3 days of testing to see what the benchmark would be.
    Look a bit further down the results.. 11th and you will see another FRP alumni, (I am a bit biased as it was my daughter Megan) and F2000 rather than F1600, who became the first ever girl on a WHT podium (as far as I am aware) after she qualified on the front row of her heat then finished 3rd and set the fastest lap of all the heats (104 drivers).

Kudos to Max on 2 great weekends and good luck as he progresses up the racing ladder.

4. The following 9 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

And kudos to the Gilkes every one, Brent and Pamela and Meagan, lots of miles and lots of effort and well earned results.
    Good on you all !
    Proud to have known you all......

Classifieds Super License swiftdrivr's Avatar
    Liked: 673

Quote Originally Posted by BGilkes View Post
    Look a bit further down the results.. 11th and you will see another FRP alumni, (I am a bit biased as it was my daughter Megan) and F2000 rather than F1600, who became the first ever girl on a WHT podium (as far as I am aware) after she qualified on the front row of her heat then finished 3rd and set the fastest lap of all the heats (104 drivers).

Pretty cool! Any video?
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Thread Information