Liked: 13

Default Shock info, please.

Can anyone ID these shocks? On the bottom of the bodies it says "do not open" in both English and German.

Also, the various shocks have info stamped into the bodies. For example: " 220/80 ". I'm assuming these are dampening specs, but can someone confirm and translate?

TIA

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_6402 smaller.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	100349   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_6397 smaller.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	100350  

Liked: 1432

Look like Bilsteins to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SHutson View Post
    Can anyone ID these shocks? On the bottom of the bodies it says "do not open" in both English and German.

Also, the various shocks have info stamped into the bodies. For example: " 220/80 ". I'm assuming these are dampening specs, but can someone confirm and translate?

TIA

Liked: 313

Yes, Bilstein linear shocks. 220/80 indicates 2200 Newtons rebound force at .52m/sec and 800 Newtons compression force at .52 m/sec.

Bilstein technical support has been spotty at best. I think those are the old small rods so if someone services them they may want to replace rods and guides to the current big rods.

I like them. I tune mine by putting a gas valve on the base and I bought a valving kit long ago.

Liked: 146

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Harmison View Post
    Yes, Bilstein linear shocks. 220/80 indicates 2200 Newtons rebound force at .52m/sec and 800 Newtons compression force at .52 m/sec.

Bilstein technical support has been spotty at best. I think those are the old small rods so if someone services them they may want to replace rods and guides to the current big rods.

I like them. I tune mine by putting a gas valve on the base and I bought a valving kit long ago.
    Just keep in mind that is 500 and 180 lbs at 20 ips. Are you going to be seeing those shaft speeds a lot?

Thread Information