Liked: 7

Default 1981 Crossle 45F Club Ford

1981 Crossle 45F (#81-32)

SOLD

This is one of the sister cars to another recently sold on Apex speed by Brian Graham Racing. Brian completed a complete restoration of the car over the winter of 2020.

It is a wonderful car, being both easy to drive and to maintain. The car has had minimal use over two seasons I have owned it (mainly due to COVID) but has run two vintage race weekends with VARAC and about eight test days. It has proven itself very reliable and fun to drive. It has a valid CASC ID tag and logbook. I am selling to move into a more modern F1600 car.

During the 2020 refurbishment the following was completed:

The chassis was stripped, repaired as needed, cockpit side intrusion bars added, and powder coated. A new stainless-steel floor was bonded and riveted into place. New AN hardware, rod ends, nickel plated suspension, aluminum side panels, fuel cell and surround were added. The uprights, stub axles and drive flanges were disassembled, Mag treated, and new bearings installed. The original Spax shock absorbers were rebuilt.

The chassis received all new wiring, master switch, Odyssey battery (PC 545), Pertronix distributor, Bosch coil, and axillary battery cable connector. An AIM MXM digital dash/logger was installed (note that the Smartycam bullet and the green LED safety light on the roll hoop are not included in the sale). There is as a fully functional fire suppression system. The Sabelt safety belts remain in date through 2022.

The Ford Kent 1600 motor was rebuilt by Britain West and has approximately 12 hours of run time. During the refurbishment the car received all new water pipes, hoses, fuel lines, fittings, custom aluminum radiator and tray, a rebuilt F3 clutch, and a custom exhaust with bracket. I replaced the starter motor this year.

The Hewland MK9 transaxle was disassembled and sandblasted. Any worn out bearings, gears and dog rings were replaced as needed. The brake and clutch master cylinders were rebuilt, and a brake bias adjustor cable added.

The car has custom fit and wrapped bodywork with new fasteners. The wheels are Weller steel with mounted Hoosier VFF tires (approx. eight heat cycles).

I just completed an oil change, checked valve lash, and flushed the brake lines.

The spares package includes:

· A second of wheels (Cheviot aluminum) with mounted Hoosier VFF tires (approx. 25 heat cycles)
    · Nose cone (unwrapped and needs to be fitted)
    · Brand new aluminum radiator
    · Crossle nose cone badge
    · Bodywork: center body and tail (original from car)
    · Two MK9 gears (17:34 and 19:31)
    · MK9 gear change stand
    · MK9 slave cylinder (used)
    · Spare number stickers
    · Suspension pieces - LF A-arm, RR A-arm, RL and RU trailing arms, LL trailing arm (variable quality)
    · Other random leftovers from the rebuild (I don’t know if they are functional): Radiator, Clutch, Water temp gauge, Oil pressure gauge, Jones tach, Hewland end cover

Photos and videos can be found on my google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...rb?usp=sharing

The car is located in south-eastern Ontario and I am happy to assist with shipping arrangements.

Thanks,
    Chris

Chris Evans
    Chrisevans009@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Evans009; 01.04.22 at 10:12 PM.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

nwp

Liked: 0

Default stunning

Might be one of the most beautiful looking fords of all time, whoever gets this is going to be a lucky guy

I've paid a deposit on another car and will consider reasonable offers for the Crossle.

Canadian-US border is now open so I could potentially deliver to NY state, which may help anyone worried about processes of importing the car.

Thanks
    Chris

Default 1981 Crossle 45F Club Ford

Updated original post with price drop to $22,750 USD.

I've obtained a shipping quote of approx $3600 USD for door to door shipping to CA.

Cheers,
    Chris

Car has sold.

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information