Liked: 0

Default Spec Racer Ford (SRF) Gen 2 or Gen 3 wanted

My son and I have the racing bug and are looking for an introductory car to start down the Open Wheel path, and we've decided on a SRF. It could be located anywhere in the US.

Thanks!

Contributing Member phantomjock's Avatar
    Liked: 105

Default HOw about a SPORTS RACER?

My Sports Racer (Renault) is for sale. It is a complete package and I had it listed here: https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...rs-800-ecu-200

You'll note it was a SCCA Spec Racer Renault,

but now has been modified: (engine for example, + 2 Weber DCOEs and custom manifold)

It competes in regional competition classes and track days are a great way to sort out seat time and car skills. It is a real blast and cost effective (if you can say that about cars and racing...)

Take a look see. You can PM me here if you like.

It is located i the Panhandle of Florida - but a fantastic buy at under $10K.

Cheers - Jim
    When I used to fly Phantoms, I was called an AVIATOR.
    Now I race cars. So, am I now called a PAVIATOR?

Liked: 0

Thanks, it looks like a fun car! We are looking specifically for a SRF

Liked: 597

Intro open wheel car is generally a Formula Ford. If this Spec Racer Renault would run in SPU like it's marked in the pic, you'll most always be on track with fendered cars. I'm sure it would be a fun car but not exactly the open wheel experience.

Contributing Member phantomjock's Avatar
    Liked: 105

EYERACE -

You are right on! And it is not only "marked" as a SPU, it is "logged" in SEDiv as such. [Although it needs an annual]
    And, as a SPU this car is frequently in the same run group as the SRF2 and SRF3 as well - so the competition can be there without the "Spec-Expense." As a regional class it can also "trophy" [in SPU], and with fewer cars the chances of that positive feedback is higher too. Just not Run-Offs/Nationals eligible. Cutting the "spec expense" makes it cheaper to run on the course and at track days too. [You can purchase tires and brake pads at discounted prices, and there is no requirement for expensive sealed engine & transmission rebuilds, etc..]

As I understand it, 308Systems is looking for the "center-cockpit" racing opportunity/orientation to get suitable seat time and build skills before moving on to open wheel. Just my interpretation - the facts may vary.

Cheers - Jim
    When I used to fly Phantoms, I was called an AVIATOR.
    Now I race cars. So, am I now called a PAVIATOR?

Thread Information