Liked: 6

Default Trent Walko's SCCA Runoffs Disqualification

Trent Walko's SCCA Runoffs Disqualification

The wrong MAP was down loaded on Friday the 1st which was a BIG mistake.
    The differences in the MAP in question were fuel related, to be exact injector timing between 5500 and 6800 RPM which totaled to 1.3 milliseconds. In addition there are changes in the cranking area to help with start up. This 1.3 milliseconds could be compensated for easily by a change of fuel pressure which there is no written rule.
    This MAP is currently used in the FRPPro Series for F2000 on our Dyno this MAP has no change in the HP of the engine.
    Needless to say the Walko's were unaware of the potential problem.

Quicksilver Race Engines LLC.

2. The following 5 users liked this post:

Liked: 977

That certainly stinks for Trent, he is a nice young man who did an admirable job. I am certain it wasn't fun for the stewards either.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Well that sounds like an honest mistake made cost the gentleman his finishing position. but QS manned up and admitted that it was their error, which is admirable to say the least.

Liked: 3787

In conversation with Tim Minor early Sunday, Tim clearly stated that in his opinion the map had no effect on the real race results. He said the kids were just plain faster.

It was an unfortunate mistake. Team Walko was struggling with ECU issues and in the process of all the ECU swaps the wrong map got installed. Obviously, I believe this won't effect Trent's future... he's going to go on to do big things.

I was a tech steward for a while. I can say its unfortunate that all year the impound techs aren't more serious. Then when one gets to the Runoffs tech is a big deal. Its a problem with no known solution, because it depends on so much serious volunteer service. I know I'm not working in tech 9 weekends a year anymore.

7. The following 2 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1261

Depending on which way you click on the SCCA site you can end up with 2 different maps.

DFR had a problem because they used the wrong software to install the right map.

Clarification of the map and allowed tools is certainly needed.

Thread Information