Liked: 8

Default lola b99 starting point setup

Hello guys.
    I was following the initial setup sheet for my lola F3000.
    And is saw a couple of things that looked weird to me.

Front Spring preload -> for front 6 platform turns on a 800lb spring when static weight on each front wheel is about 220lb, being 2mm per turn we are talking of about 377lb
    This would be a zero drop configuration that would require about 150lb more to start damper compression.
    I never had zero drop conf before and i dont think the best starting point ...
    Any of you guys with similar car is running on similar configuration ???

Inital setup for rear is 1/2 turns on 1000lb spring which makes more logic to me.

Another one is front toe-out of 3mm total, not much but out when normally on front you keep on zero or slightly in for high speed stability

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Initial Setup.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	99845  

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1487

I don't have specific knowledge of this cat, but FCs - another flat-bottom ground-effects car - frequently use front preload and toe-out. I use toe-out, it helps with turn-in, but I would use less of it if I was going to run someplace with long, long straights. When we ran the oval at Indy I set the fronts at zero toe.

The van diemens are usually zero-droop and it was suggested I run 1/4" pre-load, about 100 lbs.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 322

Regarding the front preload vs. corner weight, are you taking account of the rocker ratio, etc?

Liked: 285

First, run the car given the setup sheet. Run enough to understand if there are any issues, and to where the driver can get a consistent laptime for a few laps in a row.

Then remove some of the preload -- there will only be three results -- better, worse or the same.

Figure out which one.

Make a change...

repeat...
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 268

Default lola

Any idea what the motion ratio is front and rear?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Kirchner View Post
    I don't have specific knowledge of this cat, but FCs - another flat-bottom ground-effects car - frequently use front preload and toe-out. I use toe-out, it helps with turn-in, but I would use less of it if I was going to run someplace with long, long straights. When we ran the oval at Indy I set the fronts at zero toe.

The van diemens are usually zero-droop and it was suggested I run 1/4" pre-load, about 100 lbs.
    with only 100lbs is zero droop ?? are those car on less than static 100lbs each front wheel ??

Quote Originally Posted by tlracer View Post
    Regarding the front preload vs. corner weight, are you taking account of the rocker ratio, etc?
    I did not do any math yet. and the weight i took was without driver and nose cone. so i expect some more weight

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Kehoe View Post
    Any idea what the motion ratio is front and rear?
    sure 1 on fronts with a rising rate % of 6 and 1.15 linear on rears.

Thread Information