Thread: Future of F1600

Liked: 303

Default Future of F1600

After watching the Formula Continental Runoffs race @ Indy, I wasn't surprised at all- with the level of competition throughout the field...

30+ FC's was spectacular to see

Not to mention good quality and quantity of track time.
    Don't be turned of by the whole "pro" labeling, the FRP staff is super friendly and easy to deal with!

FRP is a great place to drive your F1600 car with the same level of competition as the runoffs.
    Last edited by Jonathan Lee; 09.05.23 at 4:00 PM.

2. The following 11 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 160

Default FF/FC growing

Well said Jonathan Lee. I am pleased to say that the level of competition in FC and FF is top notch and enjoying a great resurgence IMO.

I have three pro FF with Honda motors and am holding up the FF Banner for the middle of the US. It now looks like all three will have newcomers to the class racing in 2022. We are going to focus on Super Tours and FRP at high profile tracks such as COTA, Road America, Road Atlanta, Mid Ohio and Barber as schedule and geography allow.

I encourage others to announce their intentions and help gather competitors at high profile events. Once the level of competition is seen it is easy to sell to the newby or the experienced competitor who is looking for a true racecar experience.

Jay Messenger
    Muleshoe, Texas USA
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1108

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger Racing View Post
    Well said Jonathan Lee.

I encourage others to announce their intentions and help gather competitors at high profile events. Once the level of competition is seen it is easy to sell to the newby or the experienced competitor who is looking for a true racecar experience.

Jay Messenger
    Muleshoe, Texas USA
    THIS.

I wonder if the two “Future of” threads could/should be merged. It’s an important dialog and has more change potential or al least discussion if on one thread.

Kudos, Jonathan.

Liked: 157

Default Well Said

I run the the RCFFS which is run at the same venues and on the same dates as FRP. It it part of FRP. The F1600 teams including Jonathan and his team are amazing to watch, but also very accessible to us ams. I just raced two consecutive SCCA events each with only 3 FF's. Yesterday I could likely be heard by anyone in our paddock area at Thompson telling the F1000 owner next to me that he HAS to try an FRP weekend if he wants to be challenged as a prep and driver guy. I know he will be welcomed, and helped, and likely would get double or more the track time in one weekend. I cannot wait for two weeks time at PIRC and the steep competition, and the well curated track time for all of the classes. Jonathan is spot on with his post. Well said!!

Steve

7. The following 6 users liked this post:

Thread Information