Contributing Member
    Liked: 12

Default wheel identification - Dekon Monza

Hi All,

I'm pretty sure these wheels came off of a Dekon Monza (Tuck Thomas car). Any ideas as to who the manufacturer is- there's a small logo which looks like an open "R". They are aluminum and 15"

thx, Paul

Liked: 23

Default DeKon Wheels

I think they are Sterling wheels that were imported by a fellow in a Detroit suburb by the name of Greg Sorrentino. I think they were cast in Argentina, I had some 15" x 15" that were used on a Corvette, I believe some were used on Greenwood's cars.

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member

Thank you. I did some limited research on sterling and I think those wheels were magnesium and mine are aluminum - although they could have produced both??

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 270

Default Greg Sorrentino

BTW Greg passed away a couple of years ago after a battle with cancer
    Phil

Liked: 160

Quote Originally Posted by Crossle Sportsracer View Post
    Thank you. I did some limited research on sterling and I think those wheels were magnesium and mine are aluminum - although they could have produced both??

I had (maybe have? cant remember lol) a set of Sterling wheels for a Merlyn FF, they were aluminum.

David

Liked: 20

I don't personally have any info to contribute, but on one of the other car forums I'm on, there is a guy who worked on Warren Agor's Monza (see link to a pic below). Looks like similar wheels. Happy to attempt an intro if it would be helpful.

Warren Agor 1975 Chevrolet Monza | Jim | Flickr

Contributing Member

Default monza

Those cars are so badass.... can i say that on this site. The four wheels i have are all 12" - so maybe they were just fronts for a Monza?

I'd like to sell them- need to find some dekon Monza owners out there- or maybe corvette....

Liked: 7

Default Sterling Wheels

The tooling for Sterling wheels is now owned by Lance Smith and he is producing new wheels for vintage racers.
    He can be reached at 215 880 7622

10. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member

Thank you.

Thread Information