Liked: 108

Default DB1 fuel cell question

Is a DB1 fuel cell something special or will a generic wedge cell work?
    Thanks

Late Braking Member
    Liked: 217

Default DB1 specific

They were specifically made for the DB1 by Aero Tech Services http://www.aerotechservicesinc.com/

Last time I checked they still service/re-certify them.

Steve

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 270

Default Aero Tech

Good people. They do actually re-certify DB1 cells they told me a couple of years ago. Plus they are not unreasonable on price.
    Phil

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License teamwisconsin's Avatar
    Liked: 565

As of a couple months ago Aero Tech Services is no longer doing fuel cell work. I got a cell done last fall for an RT5 (and one for a DB1 a few months just before that) and I think that's the end of the line. I forget the gentleman's name who owns it but the conversation we had was that it costs too much (insurance, etc) to be in the business anymore. It's a shame, they were some of the best cells I ever worked with.
    Ethan Shippert
    http://shippertracingservices.com
    https://www.norwestff.com

"l'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace!"

Liked: 0

Default Fuel Cell

Quote Originally Posted by teamwisconsin View Post
    As of a couple months ago Aero Tech Services is no longer doing fuel cell work. I got a cell done last fall for an RT5 (and one for a DB1 a few months just before that) and I think that's the end of the line. I forget the gentleman's name who owns it but the conversation we had was that it costs too much (insurance, etc) to be in the business anymore. It's a shame, they were some of the best cells I ever worked with.
    Ethan, who is doing quality aviation fuel cells lie Aero Tech services these days? I am not a fan of ATL or Fuel Safe. Would like a source like the ATS standard black bladder aviation cells.
    Chris frank

Classifieds Super License teamwisconsin's Avatar
    Liked: 565

Premier in the UK, Eagle in Wisconsin... both will do a fine job and make you the black rubber cell you are looking for.

Closer to home is Harmon down in Corona but they do the more rigid yellow style of cell. If the cell you're replacing doesn't need the ultimate flexibility of the black rubber style (the DB1 cell for example isn't difficult to remove/install so could easily be made like this), I would give Harmon a call. They are really nice to work with, a small business that does a great job. Cost and timelines are also very reasonable working with them.
    Ethan Shippert
    http://shippertracingservices.com
    https://www.norwestff.com

"l'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace!"

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3279

Default Eagle

The last time I checked they were no longer making custom fuel cells.
    Dave Weitzenhof

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 148

Default Pyrotech

I have bought 5 fuel cells from Pyrotech all with good results. On 3 of them I had them reuse old ATL hardware
    with considerable cost savings.
    Fred Clark Caracal cars in Jacksonville is a dealer

Liked: 157

Default Fule Safe

Neil Porter supplied me a DB1 call 3 years ago and the maker was Fuel Safe 800 433 6524

Neil has the dimensions. Those I do not have

Steve

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by teamwisconsin View Post
    Premier in the UK, Eagle in Wisconsin... both will do a fine job and make you the black rubber cell you are looking for.

Closer to home is Harmon down in Corona but they do the more rigid yellow style of cell. If the cell you're replacing doesn't need the ultimate flexibility of the black rubber style (the DB1 cell for example isn't difficult to remove/install so could easily be made like this), I would give Harmon a call. They are really nice to work with, a small business that does a great job. Cost and timelines are also very reasonable working with them.
    Ethan,

I called Eagle today and they stopped making Car Cells due to insurance issues.
    I hate the Fuel Safe material the cells last 3 to 4 years, my AeroTek Cells are all in amazing shape. Will call Harmon in a few.
    Chris frank

Thread Information