Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 235

And if they won't take them back, advertise them on Apexspeed.
    Jim

I wish I understood everything I know.

Liked: 295

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garry View Post
    And if they won't take them back, advertise them on Apexspeed.
    Today I talked to Fred at the Hoosier dealer in Plymouth, the parent store of the store in Plainfield. when he heard the whole story he agreed to take the radials back and sell me some bias ply for the rear. I'll use my old tires if they have not been shredded yet. I understand there may be come front available bias ply around soon.

Thanks Fred!

Thanks Jim too.

Tom

3. The following members LIKED this post:

That must be a relief. Good deal!
    Jim

That must be a relief. Good deal!
    Well yes....I still will not have what I wanted from the beginning is a full set of the bias ply tires...at least for now.

I don't understand. Why can't you buy a full set? The only issue I am aware of is that until all of the R25 rears are sold, Hoosier won't produce any R20 rears. But fronts are already made in R20. That should require just a little adjustment of the car.

Have you heard more?
    Jim

I don't understand. Why can't you buy a full set? The only issue I am aware of is that until all of the R25 rears are sold, Hoosier won't produce any R20 rears. But fronts are already made in R20. That should require just a little adjustment of the car.

Have you heard more?
    My understanding was that the front bias ply would not be available until august. ...the rears are available now.

Default well shucks.

So today I found myself not contacted by Fred or anybody so I called the Plymouth store....Fred is off racing. So I called Plainfield store and not only do they not have the correct tires for me they have shredded my tires already.

So I bought a new pair of rear tires in the (apparently) bias ply.

Anybody have a pair of front tires for autocross you an sell me?

Tom
    765 490 0275

I am still desperately looking for some bias ply front tires for autocross. Anybody have some in the midwest?

Adam in Plymouth believes he can get me two front bias ply with on being the goodest and one that is one step harder compound. I also believe that he stated they are not discontinuing the autoross tires but are out of stock and not able to build a new batch until August.

So running the different sizes in front should I run the hard compound a little lower on air pressure?

(Adam said put an extra pound in the harder tire.)
    Last edited by t walgamuth; 06.16.22 at 3:48 PM.

Liked: 65

Quote Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
    I am still desperately looking for some bias ply front tires for autocross. Anybody have some in the midwest?
    Give Appalachian Race Tire a call at 865-681-6622. I believe they have the fronts in R20 and will ship them.

Quote Originally Posted by TedV View Post
    Give Appalachian Race Tire a call at 865-681-6622. I believe they have the fronts in R20 and will ship them.
    Thanks, i'll probably do that.

They're shipping me one front.

Thanks very much!

Tom Walgamuth

Liked: 65

You are welcome!

On running a split compound on an axle, the harder compound goes on the side seeing the most abuse. More turns to the right or a super long right hand sweeper, hard compound on the left front. Adam probably said to go up in pressure a pound as that tire will not build as much heat as the softer compound so you need to start higher to get to the hot pressure the car works best at. Flip side is, if you go lower it might squirm more, build heat and build pressure. However it might stall out and not get to your desired hot pressure. That's where the testing and doing what the car wants to work well comes to play. It's a black art

Quote Originally Posted by TedV View Post
    You are welcome!

On running a split compound on an axle, the harder compound goes on the side seeing the most abuse. More turns to the right or a super long right hand sweeper, hard compound on the left front. Adam probably said to go up in pressure a pound as that tire will not build as much heat as the softer compound so you need to start higher to get to the hot pressure the car works best at. Flip side is, if you go lower it might squirm more, build heat and build pressure. However it might stall out and not get to your desired hot pressure. That's where the testing and doing what the car wants to work well comes to play. It's a black art
    Unfortunately both test and tune events near here were cancelled for (weather?)

I just got the other front slick (fed ex) in the desired size and compound today from Appalachian tires. I'm gonna go get it mounted. I got a new battery installed and working too. The battery is an ordinary gel type and is a penalty of 6 or 7# but, I'll be racing tomorrow it appears.

17. The following members LIKED this post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information