Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 21

Default Rotax 493 Pro-Built zero hrs

**SOLD***
    The Rotax 593 with restrictor is the preferred motor for road racing, so not listing my 493 motor (blue head) in the road racing F500 section. My fresh 493 may be the best engine to use for Solo F-Mod. It fits some chassis much better than the rotary valve (yellow head) which typically has to the lifted up and tilted forward on aluminum bocks so its lower carbs clear above the rear axle. On cars with a jackshaft behind the motor, the same is true. My motor can mount flat on the chassis and clear the jackshaft or jackshaft and center sprocket on some chassis like the Raptor D series

My Brad Huling built 493 reed valve is not rotary valve like 494 and is a later generation motor than the 494.
    The 493 and 593 are very close to each other. No restrictor needed on the 493 however.
    As you can see in the photo, the carbs sit quite a bit higher than on the rotary valve 494.
    I bought this motor for my ultimate design F500 FMod car which I will probably be parting out now.
    That car, in partly completed form, will be available in later post with a very good 493 with it.

This motor cost me $4300 plus shipping
    Sell for x
    Cost me $4300 plus shipping.
    Sell for $X
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by B17overhead; 05.30.22 at 1:05 PM.

Liked: 227

Wouldn't hurt to also post it in the F500 section. I had great results road racing the 493. Also had a road race competitor tell me a few weeks ago that he's converting a car back to the 493 (he has a stock of good engines on the shelf).

Cory

Thread Information