Liked: 3

Default Chassis #4 and #9

Curiosity has me wondering if these two cars are still competing?
    Sorry I meant 4 and 9

Liked: 285

Do you know who the original owners were? Will Enterprises tell you?
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Liked: 31

Default #9 in Norcal

I have chassis number 9 in Northern California. I bought it from Brandon Chappell a few months ago who last ran it in FE at the 2018 Runoffs at Sonoma. He qualified P2 but had a battery or alternator issue during the race so I don’t think he finished. It’s currently down to the frame and being converted to FE2. I’ll be running it in Majors (and maybe a regional or two) in the West next season as time and funds allow.

Eric
    PS: And it’ll have a new data system from Dave and Ellen.
    Formula Enterprises 2, chassis #009
    A bad day at the track is still better than a good day at the office!

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 77

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Donohoo View Post
    Curiosity has me wondering if these two cars are still competing?
    Sorry I meant 4 and 9
    I have 004. I PM'd you abut getting the transponder detached from your login on sites like MyLaps.com. Let me know if you get that.

I bought 004 in '17 and used it for track days until this year when I got a racing license. It's still Gen 1 FE; so I do regional stuff with it. Mostly Waterford Hills and Grattan here in Michigan.

Here is the most recent race video.

I am probably going to slowly convert to FE2. I envision coil springs first, then transmission then engine. Right now I am having fun with it, but I think I am experiencing the same thing you did with little FE company. If there were other FEs around it might be more fun.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 830

Peter,
    GREAT VIDEO... especially the AUDIO part of it. How in the world did you produce that? That must have taken several WEEKS of cutting and pasting audio clips. Very cool!!

Steve
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Liked: 77

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    Peter,
    GREAT VIDEO... especially the AUDIO part of it. How in the world did you produce that? That must have taken several WEEKS of cutting and pasting audio clips. Very cool!!

Steve
    Unfortunately, for that session my engine mic was failing or it would have sounded better. For me it all starts with good engine/exhaust audio. I have been recording F1 commentary (now Indy due to local tracks) from various eras. I started in 2012 and did it for sim league racing initially. By 2021 I had a 4800 wav file collection going when I started racing for real; so I put it to use. I was actually able to finish that race's video in a week. The commentary takes most of the time; which is why I started recording the local commentary. I can probably finish the video portion in a day and a half. The graphics, leaderboards and misc video takes another day and a half. The commentary probably takes 3-4 days; with very late nights.

I also run into the issue where I work on the last race weekend's videos instead of working on the car for the next race weekend. It happened in sim racing by not practicing and it happens here too.

Thread Information