Liked: 14

Default Novak F1k Chassis parts inquiry

Hello, I think I'm in the right place ))) even though my car thinks he's a much bigger boy now. I am not sure what the car will do at the Runoffs, my wife has seen my struggle converting to BMW power. What an exercise, what a pain, some fires were put out, not an easy task, overwhelming but at the same time, I am meeting a level of expectations good or bad, I am still trying. That being said. I dont know where to look for some parts, setup notes but have been receiving much needed help and guidance from many people here. ???? thank you. The car is not proven and I ran into gremlins a lot, hoping for a change with the better weather.

I am looking for a few things for the Novak chassis, one is the chain idler gear(530p), not sure where to source one with proper bearings. The one in the car has been in service for 11 years...

Another is a nose cone? Not sure who may sell new. Pic of the car. I think it is a 98 nose cone.

Thank you. JR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210902_122251.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	99459   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210821_195153.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	99460   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210822_143731.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	99461  

Liked: 553

Do I see a part number on the idler gear? If yes, I'd start there (and lean towards the one with the highest price).

Good luck at the Runoffs. It will be great if you are able to be competitive. Any other F1000 cars going?

I believe Alex Mayer and another one.

I did find some cones and wings that I bought years ago. Still digging on the idler gear. I'm sure I'll find one.

Thanks for the wishes.
    I have a short video of the car at grattan showing some pace a few weeks ago, I was throwing away pace in a few corners , my tires were >8 cycles old and oil temp was exceeding limits 270. for the most part something I can work with if the oil Temps stay under 260?? Hope so.
    I'll post link to video

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 109

Default Chain Tensioner

I bought my chain tensioner shown in picture 1 from fleetfarm. Spot on match. Send me an email and I will buy one and ship it to you if you want for the cost of purchase and shipping. (or order online?)

Sent you a PM but it got hung up in sending. I am also owner of Novak Conversion owner -- GSXR 1000 not BMW but similar car.

Also have a similar nose that weighs 1000 pounds but promised it to someone else if in the area of Wisconsin but wont ship due to weight.

Cj
    920-904-6099
    ctjahn@courtneyjahn.com

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 225

Default Body parts

I think the nose is Van Diemen RF98 or so. Check with Brad at Primus Racing Parts. He often has good used parts at fair prices.

Thread Information