Liked: 2

Default Marking a car SOLD

Is there a way to mark a car or item SOLD in the title? Can sellers do this? Or do mods have to do it?

It's a huge waste of time to open every thread to see if a car is sold. It's also frustrating to open an ad and then have to scroll down to the last post to find out the car is sold.

Liked: 942

Unfortunately users/sellers cannot edit or modify the title.

I think that's a great idea. Some forums have the moderator close the thread as well, but probably not necessary here.

Another help for viewing posts in the for classifieds and the regular forum is to go into "Settings" - "General" and scroll halfway down to "Thread Display Mode:" and change to "Linear - Newest First"

That way, you see the most recent post first.

Dan
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    Another help for viewing posts in the for classifieds and the regular forum is to go into "Settings" - "General" and scroll halfway down to "Thread Display Mode:" and change to "Linear - Newest First"

That way, you see the most recent post first.

Thanks, Dan.

That helps a bit, but obviously some cars sell before others and we're back to square one.

Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 160

Default Second That - please mark sold

I love ApexSpeed. I second that a way to identify items as sold is needed. I do not agree that linear helps - if it is not sold you have to go all the way back to the beginning to understand the sequence of posts.

FWIW - not a complaint - just a request.

JM
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

Default Send a message

Perhaps send a message to Doug Carter and ask him if he or his moderators can mark the header "Sold" on cars or parts that have sold.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 799

What I do when my items sell is just edit the original post to just say "sold"

that way the status is obvious w/o scrolling, but more importantly, doesn't bump the ad to the top of the 'new posts' list
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

One solution is to let posters modify the topic line to include SOLD or whatever that reflects the status of the car.

10. The following 2 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by jcsperson View Post
    One solution is to let posters modify the topic line to include SOLD or whatever that reflects the status of the car.
    That's the issue. Posters cannot modify the title after the initial post. They must request a moderator change the title line. I believe its a trap in the forum software.

Liked: 229

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    That's the issue. Posters cannot modify the title after the initial post. They must request a moderator change the title line. I believe its a trap in the forum software.
    My two cents:

We must do a couple of hundred car sales a month right a year?

I think if you just base your read or not read due to a sold word in the title you are going to miss the point of this forum. You will learn more by reading than skipping. Some times what you read might help you to avoid issues with cars or posters.

Thread Information